[Zendesk App] - Verifying Purchase Codes & Support Packs

Hey all,

If you are using Zendesk as your Support/Ticket system, perhaps this something you can use. I created a Zendesk App (based on earlier work by mattes) that can check purchase codes in support tickets. The App will verify if the Purchase Code is valid and if the user has a Support Pack that’s not expired. If you add a Purchase Code field to your ticket Form, the app will perform this check automatically for you.

Screenshot

Installation

The app can be found on Github: https://github.com/The-Lion/zendesk-envato-app

Installation is pretty straight forward:

1. In Zendesk go to Admin -> Apps -> Manage -> Upload App
  2. Upload the zip file and set an App name, e.g. Envato - Verify Purchase & Support
  3. Create your personal token for the Envato API. Select View your items’ sales history and Verify purchases of your items. Insert the created token into the Personal Token setting of the uploaded App
  4. If you want to check the purchase code of your tickets automatically checks, enter the Field ID of the corresponding purchase code field. If you don’t have such a ticket field yet, follow these instructions.

See ya!

Floris

8 Likes

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :pray:

Thanks for app and solution!

Hey cool :slight_smile:

Hey, this doesn’t work anymore. Zendesk does not allow activating new V1 apps now any plans of making this compatible with the V2 guidelines?

I didn’t notice that, as mine is still running :smile:. I will take a look at it, and will do my best to port it to the V2 App Framework. I will keep you informed!

Thank You!! Highly Appreciated !! :+1:

Thank you! Just what I was looking for :slight_smile:

I just updated the app to the Zendesk App Framework v2. You can download the updated version via Github.

If you encounter any issues, just let me know!

1 Like

Worked like a charm!! Thank you !!

it’s working now too? we are planning to migrate from ticksy to zendesk

Sure, works fine! Please note that it is only a check for the agent so it doesn’t prevent users to create tickets without license.