YouTube spits on your DMCA notices

Hi Alex,

I have very much the same issue with my footage “Flying Above the Clouds 3” which was Videohive free file of the month for Jan 2017.

Somebody purchased or may be downloaded it for free during January and used for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A98YQHG8tLY

Universal Music Group: UMG somehow registred right it and now all my customers have the issue uploading to youtube due to visual ContentID match.

What is current status of your case? it looks like I will need to do similar steps to resolve it to help my customers.
As far as I understand it does not make sence to unblock each customer video through youtube and need to contact UMG/Vevo to remove ContentID from my footage.

Could you please advise. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Andrey

Sorry to hear that, my friend. Please, write me your skype through my profile page. I speak Russian and I call you tomorrow.

Today I’ve got another claim on my video. This time it was from “Murphy Ben International”.
They claimed my project “Romeo & Juliet II (When you fall in love)”, created 21 January 12. Thus, all the people who bought my project and posted their video on YouTube will receive a complaint from “the copyright holder”.

I hate ContentID.

Can’t the people posting this stuff to YouTube specifically tell YouTube that they are not the copyright holders? Or do YouTube automatically assume everything they upload is their copyright?

Sounds to me like it’s not YouTube you should be contacting, but instead, sue / prosecute / contact those who upload your content and at the same time claim that they have the copyright for it, and in other words, stealing the credits for your work.

some YouTube channels save everything uploaded to VideoHive on their own pages. I could not put my own YouTube page on my own project. I now put a YouTube video on the page before the project is approved.

I’m guessing that you earn money for the purpose of these YouTube pages.
like blackmail. It’s like grabbing a domain.

@Smafe I studied this question for a long time. Of course, you should contact first with someone who violates your rights. If they keep silence you should contact the service where your rights are violated. In other words, you can write to an Internet-pirate that distributes your work, but you can also write to the administrator of the site / social network where the violation occurs. But anyway, thank you for your reply.

@dofx Sorry man, but I totally don’t understand what are you talking about. :slight_smile:

I uploaded a video to YouTube. YouTube deleted my video. the video is mine. I guess that’s the same issue. sorry my english is bad.

Is there any update about this situation?
Maybe you can work with a network on Youtube. Then you can add your works to ContentId before the thieves. Your sounds will be in ContentId with only for tracking videos not for taking down.