YouTube spits on your DMCA notices

I am sorry to hear that… I am having issues with Content ID as well… Youtube needs to scrap the whole system

@TheSoundGuy I think so as well. At this moment this system works awful.

Alex…send a letter from a lawyer… i am sure that they will do what they have to do.

Hey Alex…a Lawyer will do the job on this case (BTW Are this guys on VEVO serius ??? they though that they bought
copyright license with a few dollars ??? )

Any way good luck on this one… i got some issues with youtube the last month…

Thanks, @anon66823064 I’m just waiting for an answer from VEVO.

Sad that it happened to you @Wayman It is really offensive the fact that they registered it. And since you already made contact, unfortunately seems like they are acting in bad faith. I guess VEVO is the right one you should send a DMCA. Hope it gets solved and you dont get to the point of having to hire a lawyer to solve it.

But good that you have stated it, this is a big hole in the system and as an author I wish you find a solution and we find a better way to solve this kind of issue in the future, since it can happen to anyone.

1 Like

As I found out, my video was blocked in another YouTube channel of person who promoted my project by referral program of Envato. I assume that this is not an isolated case, because many people are posting our videos on YouTube with their referral links to promote our projects.

Thus, not only I start to incur losses now.

1 Like

maybe because he cannot promote as he used to do and as he wants and that maybe this will bring lower sales in the process …

well the problem is that copyright and property right things are very complex things and u cannot guar ant y that something like this is not going to happen, as u have no idea to won u are selling to and most importantly to whom the buyer is going to sell too, as there aren’t only direct companies and buyers , but also resellers who come to buy here for the projects that they have with their customers …

I was just thinking… if Envato’d was as a representative of my copyright. It could be a good PR-action for them in connection with the move to the United States. Just imagine newspapers headline - “Envato, the most popular company of web-markets, filed a lawsuit against Sony Music Entertainment”.

I think, many new authors would decided to go on the Envato markets, because they would see that the company is trying to protect its authors. Many usual people would decided to go to the Envato markets, to check why these markets are so popular.

Just thinking out loud, not more. :speak_no_evil:

P.S: Although I don’t know, maybe Envato does not have its own PR Department.

2 Likes

… and now imagine THIS:

“Envato, the most popular company of web-markets, is not able to protect and grant copyright of its publishers”…

1 Like

@bosone How I wrote before - Envato not obliged to do this. :slight_smile:

And they won’t.
I don’t see a reason why company as huge as Envato would risk it’s reputation for just one author.
I mean, maybe they would for someone like ThemeFusion, but even that I doubt.
It’s just one item of just one author, this is too small for them to notice and waaay to small to get involved :pensive:

1 Like

I placed updates to the main post.

February 16, 2016 My video appeared in the channel PedroLimaVEVO again. My appeal on YouTube to VEVO is not reviewed. The video still not removed from the system ContentID.

February 18, 2016 the music video from the channel PedroLimaVEVO was hidden for viewing again.
My appeal on YouTube is still not reviewed by VEVO. Also, I’m still waiting for an official response from VEVO or Sony Music.

1 Like

February 24, 2016, I received the new reply from Youtube:

Hi Alexey Shamraev,
Good news! Your dispute
wasn’t reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video
has now been released.
Video title: "Real Love
Story"
- The YouTube Team

There is still no response from VEVO or Sony Music. Perhaps this is too naive to believe that they will respond. But they have to. Because the video is still not removed from the ContentID.

Also, today I’ve uploaded the video Real Love Story to my second Youtube channel (second time) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdMslaSnHtMDjl-FFDwesw, but my video was blocked again by VEVO (SME). I filed a counter-notice . So, it is still registered in ContentID by VEVO.

1 Like

for me - link is ok video is there - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdMslaSnHtMDjl-FFDwesw

Hey @3dbacks, Yep, because I filed a counter-notice and YouTube unblocked the video until “right holder” is reviewing my counter-notice. If the “right holder” will rejects my counter-notice, then the video will hidden again. Then, I can fill an appeal and the video will be available again, and if my appeal will be rejected by “right holder” then YouTube will delete this video and will give my channel “a strike”.

Why is the author struggling with this? What on earth are you paying all those fees to Envato for if they don’t handle the license they themselves created?

1 Like