Yet another refusal

Hi, as the title suggests, I received yet another rejection of a theme, here is the demo: https://www.denisfranchi-demo.com/pepe-magazine/.

It sure won’t be great, but I’ve seen a lot of them here on Envato and don’t see all that difference.
Programmatically it should be fine since I’m an official WordPress reviewer so I followed all the requirements.
It makes me think that sending Themes here is just a big waste of time, going forward I don’t think about sending any more.
When I review a theme before rejecting it at least 5 minutes to see it I lose them, but here I think it doesn’t work like that. I sent the theme, uploading all the requested files, and after less than 10 seconds I received the rejection email.
How is it possible?
Then I do not find it correct that after months of work the theme is rejected in this way, with pre-printed emails.

As I wrote, this is just a big waste of time.
Regards!

It sure won’t be great, but I’ve seen a lot of them here on Envato and don’t see all that difference

Well, if you don’t see any difference then you’ve either saw some very old themes or simply don’t have enough design experience. You code may be fantastic, but you need to have a design to match it to be approved. And honestly, this is not good (and it is glitched on Safari). Maybe it could work as a free theme but this is a premium market and requirement are much higher (at least design-wise).

I would recommend to find yourself a designer and just focus on coding. It is nearly impossible nowadays for one person to have so much skill in both design and code departments to make a competitive premium theme, so it is expected to do this as a team. Or put some serious work towards improving your design skill and try again in a few months when you start to see difference between your design and almost any other design approved here in last year or so.

As I wrote, this is just a big waste of time

If you are not willing to put enough effort and going to give up after the first rejection, then it probably is waste of time. Most of the authors here faced multiple rejections before they got their first item here. It is part of the game. You theme is simply not good enough. You can either acknowledge it and start improving, or you can just put blame on something else and move on.

Here are some popular magazine themes approved in last year, that’s where you should aim design-wise:

If you are not willing to put enough effort and going to give up after the first rejection, then it probably is waste of time. Most of the authors here faced multiple rejections before they got their first item here. It is part of the game. You theme is simply not good enough. You can either acknowledge it and start improving, or you can just put blame on something else and move on.

As the title suggests, this is not the first theme I present, but the fourth!
As for surrendering to the first problem it’s not really like me, if you want to be part of the official WordPress reviewers you would understand!

As I said, it certainly does not have a design graphics as you say, in fact many themes here do it thanks to 1000 plugins that you need to install to have a working theme, but slow as a snail!

Anyway I don’t want to argue about your refusal policy, I just want to point out the fact that always being refused with automatic emails is not very pleasant, given the hard work that goes into developing a theme, without plugins!

Anyway I take your advice to increase my experience in terms of graphics!
Thank you

Regards

Denis

While I agree that many themes here are bloated with 3rd party plugins, it has nothing to do with the graphics/design. If it only was so simple that you could just install some plugins and you instantly have a beautiful looking theme…

Again, my advice is to find yourself a designer. You are obviously a coder and have a coder mind, which is absolute fine (I am also much more coder than a designer), but to get a theme here, you need someone with design mind. Someone who breaths design every day as you do with the code.

After I posted my reply I saw your older thread and while you did improved your design skill, it is still nowhere near ready for ThemeForest. Ten years ago, even the mediocre designer like me was able to create something which was approved, but not today. Demands are much higher, competition much fiercer. You need a professional designer with years of experience to have a chance here. You definitely can become such designer yourself, the question is if you really want to.
Consider how much time of your life you’ve spent coding to become WP reviewer. Now imagine spending so much time studying and doing design to become as proficient in it as you are in coding.

As for the quick rejections, reviewers deal with tens if not hundreds of submissions every day. It is not possible to provide a detailed explanation to everybody. That’s what this forum is for.

2 Likes

Thanks for your valuable advice.