Yep... as I figured, rejected.

I love the fact that I had to wait 25 days just to be told this.

Thanks for your submission.After completing our review, we’ve determined that ‘Vita Et Pertinacia’ isn’t at the quality standard needed to continue forward with the review process on AudioJungle. As the submission is too far off the standards we require, you’ll be unable to re-submit on this occasion.Comments from your Quality team. Unfortunately, this submission doesn’t meet AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall, and can’t be accepted.
Audio must be fully composed, arranged, mixed and/or mastered to a commercial standard, and have reasonable potential utility to our commercial buyers, for their varied projects. Ideal audio submissions should demonstrate the ability to support multiple visual works in general. A higher degree of general commercial viability would therefore be required.
Please consider viewing our Top Sellers page to get a good sense of the commercial quality of popular files:

If you wish to resubmit more content, please review the engineering and composition and make improvements to a commercial standard before attempting to upload again.
Thank you for taking the time to submit content to AudioJungle.

Sorry to hear! More luck next time. :slight_smile:

Sorry! Was trying to put a topic, not comment. I apologize sincerely! :frowning:

Sounds great to me!

lol… thanks. I guess they figured that it has no marketing value since people don’t listen to classical-type songs anymore. One person told me the mixing was flat.

My supposition was that if one adds 32nd notes to a song, it just sounds more professionally composed. But then again, who listens to music with 32nd notes these days? Heavy metal would use that with guitar solos, but metal has been passe for almost 20 years.

Call this presumptuous and patronizing if you will, but it just seems to me like people’s musical tastes (as well as many other things) have devolved at present. The music thus has to accommodate. Correct me if I’m wrong… just explain to me why those guys who are always at the top ten on billboard write songs that sound like any eighth grader could do.

Zappa meets chamber orchestra :slight_smile:

1 Like

interesting… maybe if you slow it down, this way you have too much information in a very short time :wink:

Been waiting 28 days to get my theme accepted, hope this doesn’t happen to me. I feel like Envato is big enough to hire more folks to review uploads, because it would be much easier to accept a decline after a week, but wow, a month of uncertainty…:worried:

See the thing is, if I knew exactly what people wanted to hear, I’d compose it after knowing. Maybe we should have a section here at Envato where the customers wanting stuff indicate what they like or want on a request poll or a site tab for such when in comes to audio, themes, video, graphics, etc. Do they have something like that already or would they consider this? You know what I’m trying to say… “Clients, what songs do you like and why? What do you all like about this song and it’s instruments? The tempo? What do you like about this theme? The colors? We’ve noticed many of you keep wanting this person’s sale item.”

You could make a thread on the forums and ask the video creators what kind of music they need. If you tag it to video and audio you might get some great answers. By the way I enjoyed listening to your composition “Vita Et Pertinacia”

Oh, thanks :slight_smile: And yeah that sounds like a good idea. Thanks again :smiley:

Sad to hear. However, as I listen the tune I think I understand the reasons. The tune is way too progressive and chaotic for royalty free stock music site. It would work as a CV tune for modern composition competition, but commercial video projects that would be looking for something like this are probably very rare. Also as you tend to use quick repetitions you should use better sound libraries, now the so called “machine gun effect” is quite heavy and hurts ears. If you need to strike virtual sounds fast, you have to have good enough libraries that manage to create illusion of realism instead of similar sample being triggered too fast after another. Good luck!

Never heard of a “CV tune” before, but I thank you for the suggestion. What’s a good sound library that you recommend for the aforementioned?

Does sound very chaotic and complex, and the samples sound a bit flat. As for knowing what clients like, just go to songs and search by sales… that will give you a good idea of what sells, and therefore, what clients like/want.

Totally agree with Driving. “CV tune” means that it would be great for your Curriculum Vitae because it is artistic and complex, but it is not commercial and I suppose samples are too mechanic and stiff. Check out Spitfire Samples Library, they have some sweet stuff, especially orchestral libraries.

This is all good information guys, I do thank you all very much.

I’m sorry for you too but I’d have worked on something more simple as the primary theme of the track is interresting :slight_smile:

Well I’m grateful to you guys for indicating that “I went too far”, if you will, rather than be told, “the song is terrible” or anything like that. I guess it also helps to have a professional audio engineer take your stuff and master it. I’ve never been able to figure out how that works in the expertise-like way.