Xstore child theme update

Hi team,
Please dont ignore this email. I have been looking for ways to contact you guys. I hired a developer to make my website
The developer had installed the Xstore child theme and after completion of the website, he stopped responding to me. The xstore child theme is installed on my website and it is continuously asking for an update but I am helpless. Kindly help me on how to update the theme on my webite.
I am a rookie in this matter and i do not have any key or license to login to Xstore website to ask from a support forum as support forum ask for a mandatory purchase code which I dont have or I dont know where to find. As I am not the one who directly purchased the Xstore theme. Your help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

First things to get regular update you have to purchase the theme from your own account otherwise you will not get any options to get the latest version.

You can use Envato Market WordPress Plugin to get auto update features. This plugin helps customers receive updates to their premium WordPress Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon).
you can download the plugin from here:

Using this Envato Market WordPress Plugin you will see:

1. Latest version (need to update version) number
  2. Details view option for the latest version

Otherwise you can download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

Note: Better to keep a full backup before doing the update.

Thanks

I do not have the token code for envato plugin.
Is there anyway someone can login to my website admin and check out the license or credentials? Because a child theme is installed and showing as activated but I am unable to update. My developer ghosted me once the website was completed few months back. Any alternative solution?

At first you have to purchase the theme. Your Envato API personal token will work only for your own purchased theme.

Envato API personal token:

You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token the following 3 permissions should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Hope this will help you.

Otherwise you have to download the update version from Envato Market Downloads page and update manually using ftp.

Thanks

Unless the developer set up the plugin with all the necessary token info (doesn’t sound like they did) then you are going to face issues with updating things and may need your own copy then you can control everything as @mgscoder explained above.

For reference the developer may have activated the child theme but the parent theme must be there too (even if not active) and will potentially become important when updating the theme etc.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have the token code for the Envato plugin. Is there a way for someone to log in to my website admin and view the license or credentials? The child theme appears to be activated, but I’m unable to update it. My developer disappeared after completing the website a few months ago. Are there any alternative solutions available?

I think you would be best off buying your own license for the theme which will remove any issues with updating etc.

Assuming the developer did not modify core theme files (if they are using a child theme then it’s unlikely) then you should be able then to get the token or manually update the theme.

You will not ever be able to get the token you need if you did not buy the theme.