Write and share an Author or item testimonial and win a share of 20 x $100 Envato Market credits

Originally published at: https://community.envato.com/write-share-an-author-or-item-testimonial-and-win-a-share-of-20-x-100-envato-market-credits/

We want you to write and share testimonials for items and authors you recommend that fellow authors can display on their item and profile pages!

What we’re looking for

We want you to write and share a testimonial and recommendation in 150 words or less for something you’ve purchased from Envato Market. It could be for an amazing item you’ve purchased or a specific author for excellent service, support, or skills!

Why?

Authors value your positive feedback as it inspires them to continue creating great items and offering first-class customer service and support. Being able to use real customer testimonials on item pages and profile pages can really help give confidence to other buyers too during their online shopping experience. By sharing your testimonial as a buyer, you will be able to have a positive impact on the future success of an author you have already invested in and influence fellow buyers to experience useful and high quality content.

We’d love our valuable buyers to interact and post their testimonials directly in our community forums so that authors may share your words of praise and appreciation to help promote their items.

Buyers and authors working together, it's a beautiful thing!

How it Works

• Write a testimonial in 150 words or less for either (a) an item you’ve previously purchased or (b) an author you’ve previously purchased from. Your purchase must have occurred prior to March 1, 2016, so existing purchases only.
  • Post the testimonial in our official forum thread to obtain an entry into the giveaway!

How to Enter

• Write a testimonial in 150 words or less for an item you’ve previously purchased, or an author you’ve purchased from, prior to March 1, 2016.
  • Think about why you like the item or author, how it has helped you with your project, or why you’d recommend it to someone else.
  • Post your testimonial in our official forum thread and include:
    • Your testimonial
    • Your real name OR your Envato Market username you’d like attributed to the testimonial.
    • Include the name of the author you are writing about (or the name of the author of the item you are writing about). Please also include a link to the item you are providing a testimonial for.
  • You can enter as many times as you like but only one testimonial per author, please. Even if you have purchased multiple items from an author and you like all items, please only provide one testimonial per author.
  • Please read our full terms and conditions.

Prizes & Random Drawing

Everyone who enters will be entered into our $2,000 random drawing where we’re giving away 20 x $100 Envato Market credits!
  • 20 x $100 Envato Market credits up for grabs!
  • Each winner will also receive a Won a Contest badge
  • Each winner can win a maximum of one x $100 market credit prize.
After the event has concluded, we will use a computer application to determine 20 random winners from all entries received.

Important Dates

• Deadline: Friday, March 18, 2016 (11pm AEDT)
  • Winners Announced: Friday, March 25, 2016.
All entries received may be used/quoted by authors for promotional purposes on either their item page(s) or profile page.

Good luck!

Post Your Entries In Our Official Forum Thread!

16 Likes

My testimonial is for the Modernize theme:
http://themeforest.net/item/modernize-flexibility-of-wordpress/1264247
by GoodLayers

I remember it like it was yesterday...that moment in 2014 when a new client requested a website using the Modernize theme from themeforest. The theme was so easy to set up that I finished the client's website in only one day. I was so happy :smile: The client too :smile: He is still my client today and I am still in charge with the updates and changes for his website....The Modernize theme is my preferred theme even now for news websites or for blogs or for personal websites (for personal trainers for instance). The most attractive thing is that a website built with this theme loads very fast, no useless fancy animations or big text hard to read. The design is simple and intuitive and most of all, versatile. You can adapt it to almost any kind of website you need. A great theme!
2 Likes

Me: SpaceStockFootage
Item: Sea Otter http://photodune.net/item/sea-otter/3404613
Author: YuliaB

Testimonial:

I needed a high quality otter image for a tutorial I was making, and this image fit the bill perfectly. I mean, just look at the guy! His cute little face, inquisitive eyes and a pose like he was born for the catwalk. When it comes to otter images, I won’t be going anywhere else from now on. Make sure you check out YuliaB’s portfolio whenever you’re in need of some powerful otter-based imagery.

Item: Circles Sea Expect Success Logo http://graphicriver.net/item/circles-sea-expect-success-logo/4271631
Author: fidaktk

Testimonial:

When setting up a new account on Envato, I needed a high quality a logo to help represent my profile. I was looking for something modern and stylish, but with more of an organic feel than logos I had used previously. ‘Circles Sea Expect Success’ fit the bill perfectly. I didn’t even have to alter the colors, as fidaktk had got the perfect color palette for my needs. I was very happy with my purchase, and I’ll be sure to get in touch with fidaktk the next time I’m looking for a high quality logo.

My Envato Market username : MbrEffects
author name : doannguyen

i was happy purchasing these high quality 3D models from this author,
it helped me get the job done so fast without loosing my time or any small problems,
also the materials pack included with the .zip file makes things looks much better, much easier to handle.
with that said, i would love to buy from this author again if i needed to.

author name : arnabkumar

Testimonial :

a lot of us heard about arnabkumar storie, i was looking forward to be one of his customers,
after searching for sometime in his profile i found this wonderful project"Corporate Business Flyer",
a very attractive project well designed and well presented,
and yes i did bought it and i already rated it 5 stars, i would recommend you guys to buy from it if you are looking for a very professional flyer template.

author name : sevenstyles

Testimonial :

i saw this action and the presentation looks amazing !
i bought it in order to use it in my product, after doing so i was very impressed by the result, my client too!
it definitely helped me get the job done, as usual i’m very pleased to deal with authors like sevenstyles.
i would definitely buy from him again.

My Envato Username: stardiva
Item: St Patrick’s day dog
Link: http://photodune.net/item/st-patricks-day-dog/2827060
Author: damedeeso

Testimonial: damedeeso has an amazing collection of super cute dog photos, and this little chap was perfect for the preview image for my St Patrick’s day track. Need a cute pup photo? Then check out damedeeso’s portfolio. You won’t be disappointed!

Item: Pops http://audiojungle.net/item/pops/14667766
Author: SilvermanSoundStudios

Testimonial:

So I’m making a corporate video for a client. It’s cold outside and the rain is lashing at my window. I’m under pressure, it’s late and there’s nowhere to run… nowhere to hide.

The client wants to show all his employees appearing on the screen rapidly, one by one. I need to make it pop, whatever that means. Sure, I can probably make it pop visually, but for that full audio/visual pop sensation, I’m going to need some sound effects. Something to tease the senses and arouse the ears.

SilvermanSoundStudios rides to the rescue with a smorgasbord of pop effects that blow me away. The client loves the video and we survive to fight another day. All hail to SilvermanSoundStudios!

Item: Sketchbook Mock-Up http://graphicriver.net/item/sketchbook-mockup/7188571
Author: Genetic96

Tutorial:

Although an Adobe Certified Expert in After Effects and video maker extraordinaire, I’m pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to Photoshop. I was looking for a mock-up item for a project I was working on, and Genetic96’s sketchbook item was just right for my needs. I’m not sure if it was divine inspiration, or the straightforward, illustrated user guide… but this item resulted in me finally ‘getting it’ when it comes to Smart Objects. No longer shall I live in fear of Smart Objects now that the ‘Sketchbook Mock-Up’ item has shown me the light. I’ve had a dream. A dream of a future filled with Smart Objects, and it’s beautiful. Thanks Genetic96… you’re the best!

Item: Red Rock Seamless Texture http://3docean.net/item/red-rock-seamless-texture/11251771
Author: Lucky_Fingers

Testimonial:

There comes a time in every young man’s life, when he needs a seamless rock texture. Well that time came for me not that long ago. It could be a brown rock, a black rock, but in this instance… I needed a red rock. A quick search on 3DOcean and there it was, shining like a beacon in the darkness: Red Rock Seamless Texture.

Looked good, had some nice preview images to show the texture in action, so I decided to go for it. I wasn’t disappointed, that’s for sure. Lucky_Fingers had put his lucky fingers to work once more, to create a high quality texture that was just right for my project. The undisputed king of 3DOcean textures, I’ll know where to come the next time I need rock or non-rock textures in the future. Rock on dude!

Out of all my purchases this was the most inspiring and giving :slight_smile:

My Envato username: imoshi
The inspiring author: Katzeline
My testimonial: [quote="imoshi]

I have purchased this package long time ago for my wedding. I’ve just remembered this because this is our anniversary today. Altough we went with a little different design than you see here, we used a stamp, a font, and the template from this package for our wedding invitation. We keep few copies of our invitation in a hidden place, and a big one in a frame. Looking at it now, it was such an inspiration, the stamps, the border beautifully done and led us to a happy marriage. I believe if you nail your wedding, then god rewards you with a beautiful life ahead. We even have a daughter now :smiley: thanks again Katzeline, keep doing awesome stuff!
[/quote]

Thanks Envato :smiley:

Ahh… Great initiative @scottwills

My Suggestion: One more thing to add to the rules : “Existing Authors can Participate but only Buyers can Win”

Let’s make the buyers win! And let them participate.

~Surjith

1 Like

The contest is only open to buyers.

I mean buyer who is not an Author :slight_smile:

What’s wrong with buyers who are authors?! Surely their opinions on marketplace items, are just as valid as those of buyers who are not authors? :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Yes, it is…

But I’d like to see more buyers participating in forums. The % of buyers in the forums is too less.

There are many other competitions for Authors, so let the buyers win this :slightly_smiling: