WP Theme Rejection

Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

http://architech.themesjungle.net/

Can someone tell me what is wrong the with the theme. There are many themes with minimal design which are simple in design but are having good sales which shows that people also like themes with minimal design. I have taken advice of other market places experts as well they have also experts similar to the Envato marketplace. There opinion about the theme design and its features was not bad, the like the design aspects and features and suggested several things which can be done to further improve the design aspects but the things which they suggested are minor things as compare to the feedback of the reviewer which has entirely rejected the theme. Before there was a soft rejection related to design aspects. I have done the design changes and then resubmitted the theme for review and the reviewer this time rejected the theme entirely. I think instead of entirely rejecting the item they should also bring into consideration the time and effort being spent on the development and they can tell which sections needs improvement design wise. In a generic review there is very little for the theme author to understand the opinion of the reviewer. Neither i understand the quality which is a broader term and i think it is not only highly enriched designs which do business. The themes can have few simple pages as well which theme has and that is normal what i disagree with their reviewer opinion is they predict buying behavior as well. Even if i do design changes again still if reviewer simply ignore the effort which is put on the entire development then i think it is not biased and that needs to be criticized as well.

1. Typography
  2. Icons
  3. Spacing
  4. Images ( I mean, when you cut a guy to add him on top of the background, the export there is terrible )
  5. Image Quality ( terrible )
  6. Really old design process and usage of elements
  7. Usability Pointers at menu

And I can keep going, but that is called consulting. Yes your theme should not get pushed forward at all.

My friend these issues which you have told are minor issues. I have myself approved more than 10 items for different theme authors not only that i have working in support teams for many theme authors as well so i am very much familiar with the design aspects and the buying behavior. The issues which you mentioned regarding spacing, images, typography, pointers usability in menu are minor issues and all issues can be resolved and for that there is no need for rejecting the entire effort completely that makes no sense as before it was softly rejected. The usage of elements can be changed but it don’t affect the buying behavior, Few sections can be redesigned which aesthetically needs improvement i do agree on that but those sections reviewer should have mentioned and i am working on few sections to further improve the design aspects. Redesigning entirely do not make sense to me . Also quality is not that making a enrich design just to deceive the people while the entire functionality of the theme is poor and that is something many people complain as well. A enrich design with poor rating is also not a quality. I have been helping many customers on Envato from many years. People are more concerned with the functionality rather than the design aspects how elements are placed. Also i have been doing research as well when i was improving the design aspects and i have seen the usage of elements do not varies much in the recent themes as well.

(just my view) but I completely see the reviewr’s view here. With respect:

• It really doesn’t feel like a construction theme. You mentioned that people are more concerned with or functionality than design - what’s unqiue about this theme? I don’t see any particularly stand out features and it feels quite like another multi-purpose one with construction pictures and titles.

• the attention to detail is all over the place (‘Now Your Dream Is Reality’ image cropped, ‘Best Renovation Techniques’ image stretched, portfolio sharing buttons cropped, ‘Get quote’ button doesn’t do anything, multiple font styling in th footer etc.

• the fundamentals do as @creativeGagencysaid need work. The logo feels completely wrong, the spacing and hierarchy could all do with work esp. on the home slider

These may seem like easy to fix things but then, again with respect, there is no reason for them to be there in the first place

3 Likes