WordPress Theme Rejected (Feedback)

Hi,

My WordPress Theme keeps getting rejected (hard) and I would be very grateful if one of you can point me in the right direction.

The reviewers message is the same as the last rejections, and the lack of feedback kind of bums me out.

Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

Item Link: https://shiftthemes.com/requiem/

@Enabled @LSVRthemes @charlie4282 I’ve noticed you guys are very helpful here on the forums regarding the item feedback, and as I said, I’d be very grateful for you help.

Thanks,
Bogdan

Not bad! It is refreshing to finally see something actually useful and not super generic in these type of thread.

First, ease up on those background textures. They are way too prominent and look kinda weird. If you want to use something like this, make it look more subtle and do not overuse it.

Those vertical gradient backgrounds on buttons and some other sections look horrible.

Try to be more creative with color palette. I understand that you can’t use pink or something due to the nature of the template but still. It looks very uninspired.

Typography could be improved. It is feels kinda dated. I am particularly not sure about font choice for your regular text.

Get rid of that “vintage” brush effect on your logo. It doesn’t look good on the smaller version in the header. That logo doesn’t look good in your header in general. Maybe try to do a white version.

The section with logos - why some of those logos have white backgrounds if you are using texture as a background for that section? It looks bad. It may seems like a minor thing but attention to small things like this is what makes a difference between a decent designer and a great one.

Overall it is a solid start, you just need much better attention to details and just bring the quality few notches up.

1 Like