WordPress theme is Gutenberg compatible

1- Can any one explain how can we check either if our WordPress theme is Gutenberg compatible or not?

Is there any way e.g. like we check the Html validation with W3C School validater?

Is there any website to check.

2- After a discussion with developers I came to a conclusion that if the WordPress is already using Visual composer and it has latest version of Visial composer it will automatically compatible with Gutenburge if my WordPress CMS is already updated to the latest version. And we don’t need to do anything else?

Is it true?

Hello,

No, you are not correct!

According to Envato’s Official “WordPress Gutenberg Requirements” page:

Following are the Gutenberg editor support requirements:

• Themes must ensure that all WordPress core blocks are styled to match the design of the theme/demos. You can choose to load the core block styles, but you may need to add additional styling to ensure it matches your design.
  • Themes must not register blocks as that is plugin territory. If extra blocks are required, they must be added via an accompanying plugin. The plugin requirements must be followed.
  • Themes must not blacklist blocks.
  • Themes must ensure there are no console errors coming from their Gutenberg implementation (theme or plugin).
2 Likes

are there any video tutorials where I can get my theme done with all the requirements?