Wordpress Theme hard rejected. Help!

Hello,

My theme was hard rejected after 10 days in the queue. The email said that “Your submission doesn’t meet our quality requirements”, the note form the reviewer said that “1. Any theme that does not have a full setup or the demo is not loading and/or is missing files, will be hard rejected. You are simply reserving the queue with an incomplete submission and creating a review delays” and also contained this link:

This screenshot doesn’t show much information on what’s wrong to me.
Here’s the link to my demo which is working fine:
http://www.quarrydesignstudio.com/pebbles/

If someone could look in and shed light on whats wrong it would be very helpful. Will this be eligible for re-submission after the issue has been fixed?

Thanks,
Harid.

Hi @Haridhra_Kajan,

It’s difficult to tell what the exact problem is, but basing on the screenshot I’d say that your theme doesn’t work properly on a fresh WordPress installation. Basic things must work out of the box, like header, content or footer.

I’d suggest checking your current theme with “Theme Check” plugin to correct any possible issues/warnings:

Once done, use a new instance of WordPress, install your theme and import “Theme Unit Test”:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test

Remember to enable WP_DEBUG option to be able to track any code issues instantly.

Thanks,
Luca

Hey @lucalogos,

Thank you for the detailed reply😁.

I will surely import the Theme Unit Test data and try installing my Theme on a fresh Wordpress installation ASAP.

I have tried Theme Check and fixed all errors and warnings except the warnings allowed by theme forest. I have also used WP_DEBUG and double checked the errors but will do another check.

Will I be able to resubmit my theme?

Thanks,
Harid.

You could resubmit your theme, but you would have better chances of being accepted after few changes to current design.

• Blog content is too close to slider,
  • Blog posts in standard blog design are too close to each other,
  • “By author” text is capitalized in one blog type design and lowercase on others,
  • Missing image in “About me” widget,
  • Missing images on “About me” page,
  • Missing contact form on “Contact me” page,
  • You are mixing font weights in dates,
  • Post title/meta size seems to be too large in single posts,
  • Post titles in single posts use different font from titles on blog page,
  • Pages use different font weight/spacing for titles than posts,
  • Either make content wider or footer widgets smaller, so they have equal width,
  • “Recent Posts” widget is using different style for post title and meta - thin/italic font.

Make sure to correct any possible mistakes before resubmitting your item. Please note that all of the above don’t guarantee that your theme will be accepted, but it’s a good start :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Luca

1 Like

Hey @lucalogos,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions! I will surely make all of those changes and fix up the fonts soon after my exams are over😅.

How do you like the overall theme design? It would be great if you could share your opinions on how it looks!

Again, thanks a ton!!:+1: I will let you know as soon as I make those changes and you can have a look if you like!:wink:

Thanks,
Harid.

You have your own style, that’s for sure. That’s gonna be really important during review process. I can’t say much more because there are no more unique features than most of themes here have :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Luca

Okay! That’s great thank you! Will try to work on some new features if possible!:grinning:

Thanks,
Harid.