Wordpress theme for documentary film

Hello all! I recently made a website for my short film titled “Hard Truth, Levity and Hope”. I was going to make a custom WP theme, however I just don’t have the time. Can anyone recommend a theme for me? I tried searching for one on here but nothing was of interest.

Basically the site is going to be using the blog part as a news feed. If anything happens - wins awards, has premieres, etc - they will appear in the feed. Then we have pages for about the film, about the crew, contact, etc.

I’m looking for a theme that can be used that way. I was thinking maybe a dark theme? No, this is not an inquiry for a custom Wordpress theme, just some suggestions. Thanks!

What about something like this? It showcases the film really well :slight_smile:

Or perhaps something like this

Really just about any theme can do what you want, just depends on the style you like :slight_smile:

Those are good options, however not really what I was looking for. It is only one video, and all the themes that I’ve seen for media are meant for more than one video. Yeah, I see what you mean on personal preference. I was hoping that someone would know of a theme based on what my site is like. :slight_smile:

you could possible use a fullscreen theme, and use shots from the film as the background image, to get exactly what you want youll most likely have to modify the theme a bit or have someone do it for you

Iknow it’s been a year since this post. Just wanted to let you know that your first recomendation its perfect for what i need now. Thanks!

CCMovies said

Hello all! I recently made a website for my short film titled “Hard Truth, Levity and Hope”. I was going to make a custom WP theme, however I just don’t have the time. Can anyone recommend a theme for me? I tried searching for one on here but nothing was of interest.

Basically the site is going to be using the blog part as a news feed. If anything happens - wins awards, has premieres, etc - they will appear in the feed. Then we have pages for about the film, about the crew, contact, etc.

I’m looking for a theme that can be used that way. I was thinking maybe a dark theme? No, this is not an inquiry for a custom Wordpress theme, just some suggestions. Thanks!