WordPress plugin got rejection email in less than 10 minutes!

Hi everyone,

Currently, I have just completed a plugin, and after both submissions, I received rejection notifications.

After the first submission, I reviewed and adjusted everything. I worked almost without sleep to make adjustments for the second submission, but the rejection process also took less than 10 minutes.

I have truly researched, worked on, and compiled a relatively extensive list of features for this plugin. However, realizing that it is difficult to list it on the Envato marketplace for sale makes me question whether I should complete it or not. I think many authors, like myself, who are developers, might face this situation as well!

Could you please review and give me feedback? What should be my next step? Should I continue or look for another product idea?

Another point I have noticed is that many extremely simple products easily sell on Envato. The fact that the feature review, content reading, and overall code review process took less than 10 minutes really surprised me. I am not sure if there is an automated process for the initial review. If so, providing a support list for authors would be extremely appreciated and more useful than a QA list.

Live demo: https://plugins.wikipoly.com/login (Choose an account to log in just below the password field). Plugin name: Poly Pin Manager.
Video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZL4Pwxnzf4

Plugin Features: Pin Manager

Installing and using plugins and themes, when there are too many, will consume a lot of time for users to operate the system. In general, this might currently be a small feature, but time is an invisible cost for these kinds of operations on the system of each business.

As an example, I am a developer with a very long list of hundreds of plugins in the management section. Unfortunately, when I am working with W Plugin and Z Plugin, testing their activation/deactivation is extremely time-consuming if I have to scroll to the end of the list or search for their names. Pinning Plugins would be more convenient for me to see them right at the top of the list, along with notes on tasks to handle from previous work.

Similarly for Themes, categories, tags, and posts (currently being adjusted). With a multilingual site system and many categories and tags, noting and pinning the main categories that will be worked on at any given time is a smart way to work.

This is a feature I developed within the client site system in my country, and it has been highly appreciated. I conducted a survey about whether they would consider purchasing it if it were separated into an independent plugin, and several clients responded positively because they need independent installations for some of their blogs with different interfaces.

Next to each plugin or theme during quick testing on a live site, if code adjustments are needed, users can quickly access that plugin or theme editor for adjustments without wasting time navigating to the corresponding editor.

Similarly, the language switch and quick menu also support more convenient testing of plugins and themes. Switching back and forth to visualize the translations, if any, really saves working time.

Thank you for reading!

From what year?

It’s the review process. On CodeCanyon, there’re 3/4 reviewers getting online during day at the different times as well as I believe there’s not much “upload” to CodeCanyon, that’s why it’s usually fast

About the item, I don’t think “Pin” feature is really necessary on WordPress as you could simple search the posts/pages, for the plugins, usually people don’t install more than 30 plugins, it’d be not hard to find it.

Considering these, I think the plugin features are not good enough, this is probably why it’s rejected.

1 Like

Hi you, thank you for reply,

Customers might be interested in this product just as much as we, as developers, are, right? On the other hand, having 10-30 plugins but having to scroll through them is really a waste, isn’t it? Although 5-10 seconds might seem small, it adds up to quite a bit of time over many days.

Searching can help when you remember part of the plugin name. However, having it right at the top of the list is much more convenient, right?

I’ve seen quite a few simple plugins that don’t even meet demo standards while browsing the plugin section. Some of them don’t even work! Why doesn’t quality control start by reviewing these products and leaving space for new ones? It’s like handling outdated stock that needs to be dealt with :smiley:

They are probably old as well as if you check the compatibility, those may not be supported by the latest version, as this is another subject to discuss, I don’t think your plugin has enough features to be sold as “premium” - I haven’t checked WordPress.Org but pretty sure could find something for free.

1 Like

Hi you,

I am certain that WordPress.org or a Google search will not yield results for a similar feature. As I mentioned, I have researched this quite thoroughly. Furthermore, pinning objects is just one feature among a list of features focusing on pinning almost everything in WordPress. The most complex feature relates to products on e-commerce sites. However, as I mentioned, since it has not been accepted, selling it on Envato could be an issue if an author continues to fully develop it on Envato. This would be a waste of effort. I believe many products are rejected, and many authors “do not have the opportunity to complete their products” and make money with Envato. For example, a basic survey of mine shows that 10 of my customers and friends would buy it if I sell it on Envato. So, its commercial potential is there compared to plugins that have only 10 sales in a year. I presented this point when submitting my item to the review team, but it seems they do not give authors like me a chance. I didn’t even receive feedback saying, “You can continue developing the features you mentioned and resubmit the plugin.” As you said, the number of plugins submitted daily is not high enough to automate? Then why does it take less than 10 minutes for an employee to respond to an email almost automatically and include a QA support link? Is this not irresponsible to the authors and the company they work for, Envato? Is 10 minutes not enough to carefully read the author’s submission information, let alone my feature description, and not even considering testing and evaluating it? They surely didn’t bother to look at the demo features either?

I understand the issues with old plugins we discussed. However, this is an aspect Envato is facing, as mentioned in previous discussions about “Why Envato’s traffic is decreasing.” Customers can access many unsuitable products in a marketplace with hundreds of thousands of items, while the suitable ones are no longer supported. Meanwhile, new authors are not given opportunities. I partly understand how authors like me feel.

I understand that the target audience might be low, but with a certain volume, this is not a product without sales. There are countless companies worldwide using WordPress, and $19 for permanent features is not expensive.

If you are also a developer for WordPress, you can estimate the total time you spend working with your plugin directory system. In code IDEs, there are utilities to pin folders and files, but not in WordPress.

1. Typically, I am sure what they do is rename plugin or theme folders with prefixes like “1 W plugin, ! 2 W plugin” to bring them to the top of the list for activation and deactivation.

2. Activating/deactivating features of plugins being referenced (if any).

3. Activating/deactivating to handle conflict errors between plugins that conflict with your plugin…

Finally, thank you for the discussion and sharing. You might be right about the simplicity of the feature; perhaps I should look for an additional solution.

Best regards.

1 Like

After being rejected, you are pushed to QA. It’s like a soothing place when you’re rejected. But it doesn’t help solve the problem. Because there is no one with experience to help you improve and resubmit here.

1 Like

There’re people who has experience but it’s not “our responsibility” to help you as it’s beyond of “help”, it’s “work” in the way you’re expecting the results.
After the suggestions, it’s on your hand.

I think it might be because the transition and handover process is still ongoing, so handling more important matters takes priority. As for my product, I’m still working on adjusting and finalizing it. However, I might have to consider changing the name and many other things.

I understand your point. Since it’s work, we still have to continue, right? It’s just that I have a small concern that with the submission of information, documentation, and demo, it’s impossible for a single person to complete the review in less than 10 minutes. This is terrible. Honestly, I have worked on product-related tasks a lot, and handling everything within such a timeline is truly unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for the author (if that’s not an overstatement).

Keep continue working and don’t lose your hope. You can always put your items on another marketplace as well as you can sell it on your own. Considering the option that the sales are going down, at some point, you’d be doing your own job anyway.

You’re not the only one who’s getting rejection. I see some Elite Authors who’s selling the item on another marketplaces/on their website, probably after the rejection, too

I see many authors have updated according to your suggestions. But it seems they still “hardreject” for no reason.
I still feel that being transferred to QA is to ease the pain of being hard rejected, not to help them be better at submitting.

It’s copy/paste generic message that has been there for years. It doesn’t mean anything.

Given your hard work and the unique features of Poly Pin Manager, it may be worth continuing, but consider refining your approach. Revise your marketing strategy, focusing on user pain points and clear benefits. Explore other marketplaces or direct sales through your site. Also, seek feedback from peers or potential users to enhance your plugin and its appeal.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed, I still have a lot to do with it along with related plugins in the plan. In the features I’ve implemented on themes for clients over the years in the POD and WooCommerce sites, pinning everything provides a relatively good conversion rate.
I’m still working on many products at the same time, but I have little to no expectation that all of them will be sold on Envato

Thank,