WordPress on Elements - Author Information

“You” are already offering a freebie no matter the category you are uploading. It’s just non-sense. It’s just saying “hey look those items are so easy to develop/design” (which absolutely is NOT the case) - It’s basically pure disrespect for the hardwork of the authors.

3 Likes

There is something about it… The number of added items doesn’t translate into “what you earned from subscriptions”. Earning report might as well display once a month any random value along with a contributor bonus and tax deduction - even the number of downloads is a mystery.

WordPress addition to Elements will have its absolute impact (it will be a disaster), and not only on WordPress category but it will surely have its effect on the sales of other categories as well, on the marketplaces.

3 Likes

Not sure if that comparison works for digital goods that can sell multiple times. GTA V cost $265m to make, yet they sell it for $50… I don’t think anybody thought it was easy to develop.

The big factor for me is how much money I get in the bank account at the end of the month. A high sale price is great, and so is a high percentage commission, but the landlord and the off-license don’t accept prices or percentages, they just accept cold, hard, filthy cash.

If it turns out that these WP authors do end up making considerably less when they sell on Elements then that’s fair enough, but it’s a bit early to say for certain whether it’s a bad move or not. The idea here is that you’ll get the volume, over the sales price. Time will tell how profitable that is for contributing Theme developers.

4 Likes

Just read about ‘Subscriber Share’ model, and oh boy, that’s good only for subscribers, envato, and avada’s author ))
Soon we’ll see what happens. But I’m definetely glad I’m not Envato-dependent as many authors are.

2 Likes

Hey, Just I’m curious to see your avatar if possible :stuck_out_tongue: You’re super fast in replying to all authors and very helpful . Which timezone you’re from ?

1 Like

I believe he lives outside of time and space :smiley:

2 Likes

Currently hovering around South East Asia, but I sleep crazy hours, so am awake at various times throughout the day and the night.

6 Likes

Wordpress is very useful to build creative website

its take how much time to add wordpress theme to Envato Elements?

We don’t support.

Now wordpress themes are in elements, I feel themeforest wordpress authors will loose more sales due to this.

Now, it seems, unfortunately, everyone used to the continuous, never-ending Elements Banner on top, right?

Not only that, WordPress added recently as a new category to Elements, and Price tag has gone from $29 to $19 ($29 was already cheap more than enough)

Meanwhile, you’re using surveys to measure “community health” (where you are the ones who choose the “questions” to be asked which is also another problem) and also offering promotions for authors’ items which will never work as intended because of the shadow of a service that offers almost everything for just $19 (“it’s just momentarily”? - it’s not the point). The same “Elements banner” also confuses customers on authors’ own items’ pages, because that banner is everywhere; on the main page + authors’ items’ pages!

Now, friends, don’t you really think that there must be a FAIR way to promote Elements?

5 Likes

@Bedros have you checked your analytics?
Mine is skyrocketing today, compared with past Tuesdays.

There are a lot of pageviews == potential customers.
WP on Elements is only for customers spending 228$ (yearly). Then isn’t exactly for everyone.

Is too soon to speak, but as is now, is an advantage for both worlds since Envato is investing a lot in advertising

3 Likes

Your’s are sky rocketing because you have plugins on Elements. ( by the way is it profitable ? )

Sales are bad for me this week for example, and traffic is normal

1 Like

Pay attention to what I wrote :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I mentioned Envato Analytics, sincerely I still don’t have checked my website’s analytics. Then is totally indipendent from Elements.

This because Elements earnings report will be next month (yeah, you properly understood: one month to know if it’s profitable).

PS: skyrocketing analytics isn’t reflecting as sales boom anyway.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introducing WordPress and Annual Subscriptions on Envato Elements

I am sure there will be few wp authors who are on top list in themeforest, others will be vanished.

New comers, better to search other alternates.

1 Like

I have a bad feeling for wordpress, it takes a lot to publish a theme - now only thing I can say is RIP to wordpress theme community - sales will go down like crazy - who will pay for 1 theme when he can get 100s of theme in html’s price? only envato will be benefited as they are competing with small theme clubs outside Themeforest, in the end wordpress themes will be unprofitable, what can be done feeling hopeless

Did you read this bit? Could be different for Wordpress, but to early to say.

At this point we’ve also had some web-related content available on Elements for a long enough time to have a better understanding of the potential impact of Elements on Market sales of WordPress items. Perhaps the most relevant is CMS templates, as they are also code-based items that have similar requirements around updates, feature enhancements and ongoing support.

For CMS templates currently on Elements, the data shows that the sales for these items on Market have remained consistently on trend, with little to no cannibalization of Market sales. Additionally, when you add in their earnings from Elements, authors of these items are generally seeing incremental earnings growth of +10%.

We believe that when we add WordPress items to Elements we’ll see similar results for theme authors. The framework for WordPress we’ve developed also means it’s more likely for Elements to function as a traffic source for the ‘full service’ versions of items on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon.

1 Like