Wordpress newbie needs help with Consultancy Theme elements

Hello all,

I’m very new to WordPress, and chose Consultancy as my theme. I’ve nearly completed the first iteration of the nice, and I have a few design issues that I’m struggling to nail down. I’m attaching three images: home page, About Us, and Contact Us. I’m hoping someone (or several someones) here can lend a hand in sorting these issues.

Global issues: the footer area has a textured blue background that was part of a newsletter form for entering an email address. If I go to Theme Options–> Footer and disable “Show footer widgets area” the newsletter disappears, but so does the footer area with my links. If it’s enabled, I can’t remove the Newsletter area. If I go to Appearance–> Menus, and select Footer Menu, I can see About Us and Contact Us listed in the Menu Structure. I simply want to restore the footer menu I’m expecting to see, without bringing back the Newsletter widget.

Also, I’m not sure whether it’s because I’m in an editing mode, but I see two hyperlinks below the page content: Edit and Edit with WPBakery. How do I remove these links?

I’d also like to add a branded image to the left of the footer hyperlinks. I saw reference to some custom CSS to do this, but that solution hasn’t helped. The code I found online was:
.c-footer > div:first-child:before {
content: url(‘fully resolved URL to .png’);
display: block;
margin-top: 55px;
margin-bottom: 100px;
}

About Us and Contact Us: The background image is cut off way to close to the top. How do I control where the top of my page elements begin? Also, how do I remove the white border that surrounds my page elements. For example, on the About Us page, the text is in a blue box. I’d like to remove the border from around it so that the only visible components are the background with the overlaid page title, the text box and the footer.

I appreciate any assistance y’all can lend.

The theme author is entitled to provide support if the item is marked “Supported” but some of these may considered as “Theme modifications” that is author is not entitled to help. You can ask them for free support first and if they explain the situation and it’s not included, I can offer paid support at Studio

Hi,

Please contact your purchased theme author, theme author will assist you.

How to contact an author to get support or for any technical query:

Thanks