WordPress Dictionary Plugin

To,

Dear All,

I am looking for a Dictionary Plugin for WordPress site.

Is there anyone?

It could easily develop. Please be more specific. What features you are looking for??

acoto said

It could easily develop. Please be more specific. What features you are looking for??

Hi acoto,

Thanks for the reply.

What i am looking is a Dictionary plugin with

1. the ability to index the terms/words in alphabetical order,
  2. Have an index like A,B,C,D,E etc…
  3. able to search word/term showing that word/term meaning only, eg. Search Good will only display the meaning of good.
  4. easily able to add terms/words and meaning
  5. able to add the word origin, parts of speech (like, Noun, pronoun, verb, adverd etc)
  6. able to add on how to use that word in a sentence with different tense (present tense, Past Tense, Past participle…etc)
  7. able to put it in widget area WordPress Themes.

and all the other necessary capabilities for the dictionary plugin.

Thanks

Ok, I like the idea. I will develop the plugin this week and will notify here when it is available for download, should be early next week

acoto said

Ok, I like the idea. I will develop the plugin this week and will notify here when it is available for download, should be early next week

Hi acoto,

I just came across this thread while searching on Google. I have bought a dictionary plugin from dictionary.annedorko.com and i should say that i’m really disappointed because of the layout and lack of support.

I was wondering if you released a dictionary/glossary that is similar to the one (link above) or could develop a dictionary with more features (i.e lay out) (see link)

Thank you.

Hi,

Acoto,

Have you finish developing the Dictionary plugin?

I bought that one too. She has yet to respond to ANY of my approximately 10 contact forms submissions in over a month’s time. No way to get my $30 bucks back either. I would really like a quality plugin as well.

||+769209|i-Discover said-||
acoto said

Hi acoto,

I just came across this thread while searching on Google. I have bought a dictionary plugin from dictionary.annedorko.com and i should say that i’m really disappointed because of the layout and lack of support.

I was wondering if you released a dictionary/glossary that is similar to the one (link above) or could develop a dictionary with more features (i.e lay out) (see link)

Thank you.

ericaeide said

I would really like a quality plugin as well.

Same :slight_smile:

I could create the plugin as asked by topicstarter. Working on an other plugin at the moment.

Will see if this will be my next plugin to create.

Hi,

R3dRidl3,

If you can create the plugin as I had describe, and place it in CodeCanyon it would be very good. I am willing to buy it, if it had all those features.

R3dRidl3 said

I could create the plugin as asked by topicstarter. Working on an other plugin at the moment.

Will see if this will be my next plugin to create.

Hi,

So did you try to develop this plugin?

ericaeide said

I bought that one too. She has yet to respond to ANY of my approximately 10 contact forms submissions in over a month’s time. No way to get my $30 bucks back either. I would really like a quality plugin as well.

Hi, ericaeide,

Can you show us the dictionary plugin that you bought? It would be good for others who are looking for a Dictionary Plugin.

||+769209|i-Discover said-||
acoto said

Hi acoto,

Thank you.

Yes i’m working on it, CodeCanyon is a hobby for me so would take a little bit time.
But i’ll get it done.
Will notify in this thread when it’s done.

R3dRidl3 said

Yes i’m working on it, CodeCanyon is a hobby for me so would take a little bit time.
But i’ll get it done.
Will notify in this thread when it’s done.

Thanks.

Will be waiting.

Hey thianrouklian,

I managed to find some time to go further with the plugin.

What i'd love to hear at this stage if the fields are enough? Because I do think so.
I will be making an index and search next and than you can allso see it live on my website.

Allso I would like to know what do you want the widget to do? Do you want a search widget for the words or something?

And what are "other necessary capabilities" in your opinion?

Here is what I have at the moment:

Requests :slight_smile:

Meta box to choose related terms from full term list
Featured image support

R3dRidl3 said

Hey thianrouklian,

I managed to find some time to go further with the plugin.

What i'd love to hear at this stage if the fields are enough? Because I do think so.
I will be making an index and search next and than you can allso see it live on my website.

Allso I would like to know what do you want the widget to do? Do you want a search widget for the words or something?

And what are "other necessary capabilities" in your opinion?

Here is what I have at the moment:

Hi,

This is what i Want.

What i am looking is a Dictionary plugin with 1) the ability to index the terms/words in alphabetical order, 2) Have an index like A,B,C,D,E etc…. 3) able to search word/term showing that word/term meaning only, eg. Search Good will only display the meaning of good. 4) easily able to add terms/words and meaning 5) able to add the word origin, parts of speech (like, Noun, pronoun, verb, adverd etc) 6) able to add on how to use that word in a sentence with different tense (present tense, Past Tense, Past participle…etc) 7) able to put it in widget area WordPress Themes and also with a Menu.

Thanks

Hey at the moment i'm at the following stage:
http://www.ps-omni.nl/custom-plugins/?page_id=249

There are 2 ways of displaying the words. Any content is possible.

In the first option you can click the row and it will show Origin, Parts of speech and Usage with a slideDown effect.

In the second option you can define if you want to show wich columns.

Todo:

• Add option to display index, if so start at the letter A.
  • Add featured image (where do you guys want to show this?).
  • Add related list.
  • Add groups to group specific words.
  • Add search widget to search for words.
R3dRidl3 said

Hey at the moment i'm at the following stage:
http://www.ps-omni.nl/custom-plugins/?page_id=249

There are 2 ways of displaying the words. Any content is possible.

In the first option you can click the row and it will show Origin, Parts of speech and Usage with a slideDown effect.

In the second option you can define if you want to show wich columns.

Todo:

• Add option to display index, if so start at the letter A.
  • Add featured image (where do you guys want to show this?).
  • Add related list.
  • Add groups to group specific words.
  • Add search widget to search for words.

I want the qidget to be able to search and display the search result.

Eg. Searching the word “Gender” should display the meaning of Gender.

It would be better if you can display the Meaning, Word Origin, Parts Of Speech and Usage in a Multi Tab.

Is it possible?

Hmm will add multi tab as a third display option :slight_smile:
Widget seems ok, will do it with AJAX.