WordPress 4.3 and Revolution slider error

Hey everyone,

I just noticed my Revolution slider stopped working immediately after i upgraded to WordPress 4.3. In my Firefox error console i am getting the following javascript error:

Timestamp: 2015-08-18 4:08:38 PM
Error: TypeError: invalid ‘in’ operand a
Source File: http://wp.pulsarmedia.ca/aayat/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.3
Line: 2

So i need to know if this an isolated issue of if anyone else experiencing issues with Revolution slider and WordPress 4.3?

Thanks.

I think they’re going to fix it in the next update version 5.0.5

never ever update to the latest WP on a live site until you have checked the plugins and theme are compatible… I normally leave it 2/3 weeks before I upgrade my sites

4.3 made some major changes to post types so going to have a few broken plugins

No kidding bud…i updated my dev site lol

Pulsar_Media said

No kidding bud…i updated my dev site lol

good, it’s not worth the hassle… most times it will be ok but you can’t risk it… hopefully they get an update out soon. Their support channel is going to be flooded in next 48 hours

I find it a little bizarre why they haven’t tested this before 4.3 was released.

Same thing happened to me… upgraded to 4.3 and poof!.. All my sliders broke.

We hope dev team release an update as soon as possibile. We found this error using Rev Slider and WP 4.3…
We stay tuned about minor update…

wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/assets/js/tbld-3.9.js

20. tinymce.execCommand('mceInsertContent', false, e.control['_text']);

change to

tinymce.execCommand('mceInsertContent', false, e.control.settings.text);

jonathan01 said

I find it a little bizarre why they haven’t tested this before 4.3 was released.

I can say reading your remark that you are not so familiar with how WP likes to spring things upon the world without notice…

We have been testing both our own themes, and a huge group of plugins using the bleeding edge nightlies since WP 4.3 RC1 came out, right up to 2 nights ago. With the Rev Slider loaded, as we often contribute to them with bug fixes and suggestions.

Guess what? You only get one guess btw… No problems with the nightlies.

But come release time, and as usual, all those little things WP slipped in or never ran in the nightlies come to rear their ugly head.

And this is nothing. The change to the widget constructor contained in this release is going to affect thousands, I repeat thousands, of plugins and themes. Its only a notice error, but if you have debug on, your dashboard is going to go nuts. There is a track in the developer codex which indicates the WP team knows at least 4400 plugins just in the free codex which now have to update!

Care to guess how many themes and plugins here at TF have to update as well for the widget constructor change?

Don’t be so quick to judge ill of developers, because a hiccup occurs. Sometimes, especially when it is WordPress at the “core” of matters, everyone is a victim!

Best Regards

Striking Team

James

The same issue here.

||+1324931|octantis-wp said-|| wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/assets/js/tbld-3.9.js
20. tinymce.execCommand('mceInsertContent', false, e.control['_text']);
change to
tinymce.execCommand('mceInsertContent', false, e.control.settings.text);

Your solution does not work in Revolution Slider 5.0.4.

Make sure jQuery is not loaded multiple times. That was my problem.

I updated my live demo site http://www.megawpthemes.com/wordpress/tlazya/ and its working fine :slight_smile:

Hi ,

If you are using the minified version of revolution ( jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js), you should replace this function:

d=function(t){var i=9999,a=0,n=0,o=0,r=e(window).width();e.each(t.responsiveLevels,function(e,t){t>r&&(0==a||a>t)&&(i=t,o=e,a=t),r>t&&t>a&&(a=t,n=e)}),i>a&&(o=n),t.curWinRange=o}

by this:

d=function(t){var i=9999,a=0,n=0,o=0,r=e(window).width();if(typeof(t.responsiveLevels)!=‘number’)e.each(t.responsiveLevels,function(e,t){t>r&&(0==a||a>t)&&(i=t,o=e,a=t),r>t&&t>a&&(a=t,n=e)}),i>a&&(o=n),t.curWinRange=o}

You can fund the script in:
wp-content/plugins/revslider/public/assets/js

Regards,
Nassim Aouragh