Woocommerce- Product Brand carousel

I have found and purchased both woocommerc carousel and Brand pluggins but i have not found or seen a plugin available that creates the following:

• A selectable “product Brand Category” that can be featured or not featured in a carousel on whatever given page either through short code or through dashboard using php

• This Brand carousel would not be the same as product categories and would allow user to click the brand and see a list of products in that brand.

This being said i have seen both Brand plugins but not associated with a carousel component but simply allow viewing of the brands on different pages in different visual methods.

looking for a solution that is no more than 30 usd

Hello nebcreative,

How do you add brands to products? Is it a custom field?

Perhaps there is a plugin that deals with custom post types that could do what you want.

WPShowCase

i used woothemes “Brands” extension which allowed me to have brands standalone from categories. The docs are Found here: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/wc-brands/ where i see some php that may help get it into a carousel but not my strongest skill set. But Maybe custom fields method using a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields but i would have to figure it out as well.

Thanks for the suggestion

Brands look like a custom taxonomy. So perhaps one of the cool Wordpress sliders will work.

Am I correct in my understanding of what you’re looking for:

• A carousel which shows the brand thumbnails. When a brand is clicked, it takes you to a page containing all the products in that brand.

The pages containing the products for each brand probably already exist (something like http://www.example.com/brands/brand_name/).

So all you need is a carousel of the brand thumbnails to which you can add links to the pages?

yes i believe you are correct and i liked the MyCarousel as it was touch friendly and responsive which the them i am running on this site is…I have an example of the carousel from a them i had developed for a client but the developer used the brands as categories so it was a bit different and in the set up of the brands/categories it had a select ye or no to feature the brand and if you selected yes it would automatically stick the thumbnail image linked to items from that category. But you have it right in your description of what i am looking for and i am surprised no one makes one already. I have seen some themes with it and as i said i have had it done on a custom them as well. And yes the url structure is what it would look like…

Thanks

There is a shortcode [product_brand_thumbnails] which prints out the thumbnails (which can exclude brands). Could you turn these thumbnails into a carousel?

i did use that short code to display the thumbnails on a page but not sure how to introduce them into a carousel. Below is some code from another site that i had developed but since have been unable to reconnect with him:

CSS code

.slider-wrap{ background: url(images/bg_slider.png) no-repeat left bottom; width: 95%; height: 150px; margin: 0 auto; }
.slider-wrap .slider{ width: 95%; margin: 0 auto; }

on php code>>>

<?php $brands = get_categories( array( 'taxonomy' => 'product_cat' ) ); foreach($brands as $brand) { $stx = 'product_cat_'.$brand->term_id; $tax = get_field('featured_cat', $stx); $thumbnail_id = get_woocommerce_term_meta( $brand->term_id, 'thumbnail_id', true ); $image = wp_get_attachment_url( $thumbnail_id ); ?>
  • <?php echo $brand->name ?>
  • <?php } ?>

and this something i found in the docs of the brands pluggin:

get_brand_thumbnail_url( $brand_id )

Get a brands image for use within PHP code.
get_brands( $post_id = 0, $sep = ‘, ‘, $before = ”, $after = ” )

not sure if it can help

There are lots of brilliant jQuery sliders on CodeCanyon (that are also carousels).

You could write some php that prints out the javascript that creates slides from the thumbnails. I.e.

print "addslide($brandthumbnail, $brandpageurl)";

WPshowCase, I wish was gifted at coding but i am more a designer and obviously i mess with and just code but how would i implement it? A working examples that i can expand on are best for me but again I dont mind paying to have it implemented as long as it is explained so i learn from it.

Your php above looks good.

I can’t write the javascript without the slider’s documentation. Is there a CodeCanyon javascript slider that you like?

If you give me the name of a slider then I can try to find its documentation and write some php for you.

well on the example that was created before located here:See under featured brands http://afhkparts.com/ it uses jcarousel which i did not find on codecanyon when i just searched. As for pluggins i like MyCarousel found on code canyon. the afhkparts site one works welll but i dont think its responsive. Any suggestions of clean responsive, touch friendly slider or carousel would be appreciated. I will look through a bunch of the code canyon ones in the mean time and see if i like anything…

thanks

I would recommend any of the top sellers - they’re really great.

mighty slider maybe but i want clean and simple look

I purchased this i believe it would work well: http://codecanyon.net/item/brandsbox-logos-slider-jquery-plugin/5981614

Brilliant. Do you know what javascript you plan to use?

wpshowcase

The javascript is included with it. I have started to try install but its not a quick an easy install such as a plugin would be but i have all documentation i just want to make sure its integrated and easy to add and remove the logos of these brands for the client in the wp dashboard…

thanks

Hello nebcreative,

When you’ve installed the javascript, please send me your javascript (using the contact form on my profile page) and I’ll send you the php.

Thanks,
WPShowCase