Woocommerce: Don't order attribute values automatically

In my woocommerce product, I have attributes with many values.

For example if I would have these values for an attribute:

Water | Air | Fire

It would automatically order the values alphabetically to:

Air | Fire | Water

How can I change it so that the content of the attributes aren’t reordered automatically?

Thank you

anyone?

under Products -> Attributes you can set the sorting per attribute.
choose “Custom Ordering” and put them in the order you prefer.

No, that doesn’t solve the problem. I actually can’t check out a difference between “Custom Ordering” and “Name”.

Please see this image to understand what my problem is:

hi Matt,

it doesn’t matter what order they are in at the product page.

you need to go Products -> Attributes, choose Custom Ordering.
THEN go into your attribute “Inhaltsstoffe” ( Products -> Attributes -> Inhaltsstoffe -> AGB Konfigurieren").
There you can drag and drop the ordering of the terms.

The order you enter there will always be used on the front end, regardless of how the ordering of terms is added on your product page…

Hm but I need different orderings for every product.

Some products have ingredients that are more important than the others, but the same ingredients could be less important with another product.

Any ideas how to realize that?

They should just not be reordered after clicking update.

Nope sorry, can’t help you there.

I had similar issue with this. See my reply.

I had similar issue with listing dates, the way round it is to create a custom attribute per product page. Then add your values in there in correct order.

When you created these into variations they should show up on your product page in the order you added them in the Attributes box.

mattmatt88 said

In my woocommerce product, I have attributes with many values.

For example if I would have these values for an attribute:

Water | Air | Fire

It would automatically order the values alphabetically to:

Air | Fire | Water

How can I change it so that the content of the attributes aren’t reordered automatically?

Thank you

If you’re trying to order attributes on your product pages after you’ve created them, there’s no way of doing so in the WordPress backend. With that said, I wrote a tutorial on how you can do this by creating a custom single product template.

Hi @bli625,

Thanks for the tutorial, but actually the link does not work. Can you please add the correct one?

Piotr

7 Year old topic