Envato Birthday Campaign: FAQ

We’re running a Birthday Sale campaign to celebrate Envato’s 13th Birthday, showcasing a selection of ~400 items including best selling and fresh finds from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, CodeCanyon, VideoHive and PhotoDune on a dedicated campaign landing page. This campaign will feature a selection of author-nominated items that are offered at a 30% to 50% discount off their normal sale price.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email, social media and affiliates.

Timeline of events

• Tuesday, July 2: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday, July 14: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date.
  • Wednesday, July 31: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
  • Tuesday, August 13: The campaign begins, and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
  • Tuesday, August 20: Promotional campaign ends.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

No. This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. Both will factor into our decision on what to feature on the landing page, but there are no sales criteria required to nominate an item.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in these threads:

Can I choose which discount my item will have?

Yes, in the item nomination form you can select either a 30%, 40% or 50% off discount for your nominated item.

Can I nominate more than one item for this campaign?

Yes! You’ll need to fill out the nomination form separately for each item, though.

Can I nominate my item for more than one promotional campaign?

Yes - later this week, we will also be taking item submissions for our Perfect Pairs campaign for Email. You are welcome to nominate the same item for both events - however, be aware that if your item is selected for the Perfect Pairs campaign it will not be included in the Birthday Sale due to the 30-day price change rule.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Wednesday 31st July. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected, will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be automatically removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market), plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the landing page. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from eligible items on the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 10am and 2pm (AEST) on 13th August 2019.

After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

10 Likes

Hi @BenLeong ,

This link are not clickable ? http://prntscr.com/o9gy93

• ThemeForest discount item nominations
  • CodeCanyon discount item nominations
  • GraphicRiver discount item nominations
  • AudioJungle discount item nominations
  • VideoHive discount item nominations
  • PhotoDune discount item nominations

all these link are not clickable can you check this or its my mistake ?

Best Regards

1 Like

You’re too quick for me :smiley: All those links are clickable now - I needed to set up all the nomination threads first, so I had all the relevant links.

3 Likes

How to make sure our items are successfully delivered to Envato Marketing team without mistakes? Thanks!

Hi @huyp :slight_smile:

If you’re nominating items for this campaign, please use the links above. They explain the T&Cs relevant to each marketplace, and contain a link to a Google Form that we’re using to collect all item nominations.

After nominations close on July 14, our Campaigns team will begin sorting though all the nominations, and choosing the items to include on the Envato Birthday campaign landing page.

Yes, of course, I submitted items through your Google Form. I just want to make sure that Envato receives them perfectly. Incorrect link (mistyping), for instance. :sweat_smile:

The form has validation check. So, form will check the missing field when you will try to submit. when you will submit the form and at the successful entry you will get a confirmation popup/message. but about mistyped as like username, item link … etc, the form submitter (Item Author) should to take care all of these. Thanks

1 Like

Graphicriver “Presentations” section not available in nomination from…

1 Like

@TheCreativeNext Sorry about that - I’ve just added it, so it should appear if you reload the form.

@BenLeong I have a question to you. Recently you run two campaign, one for 13th Birthday Sale and another for Perfect Pairs. So my question is can I able to enter same item on both?

I am bit confuse in Price Driven condition, As mentioned that Perfect Pairs not eligible if price change after 23rd June, and Birthday Sale after 14th July.

Basically, If i submit now for Perfect Pairs campaign and if it chosen then price automatically down at 22nd July and we can set original price again after 30th July. Other hand you mentioned if price change after 14th July then it not eligible for Birthday Sale. So I can not enter same item on both campaign right? Or is this considerable as both campaign back to back?

I am very much interest to enter on both campaign and our item was selected in last couple of major campaign.

Hope you understand what I mean. Thanks for your answer.

nice.

Hi @softnio! You can nominate the same item for both campaigns, but if that item is selected for one, it won’t be eligible for use in the other.

The email campaign (“Perfect Pairs”) will run first, from July 23-30. Any items featured in that campaign will have a price change event within the 30-day period for the Birthday Campaign, which will run from August 13-20.

From an authors’ perspective, this shouldn’t cause any problems: you can nominate an item for either or both campaigns.

Once we have a finalised list of items for the email campaign, our team will need to go through all the Envato Birthday nominations to make sure that any Perfect Pairs items are excluded from the final list.

We’ve had almost 3,000 items nominated for the birthday campaign so far, so the Campaigns team have a lot of work ahead of them next week when they select the landing page items!

1 Like

Hello! Is the “T-Shirts” category (Graphicriver) will not parts in nomination?

Hi @the-nika! You can use the GraphicRiver > Other category on the form to nominate T-shirt items.

1 Like

Thank you! Forgive my inattention :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @BenLeong! for you explanation.

One more question:
If any of my item selected for any campaign then Envato will automatically adjust the price on the start date of promotion, which is mainly applied on regular license price.

So can I manually update the extended license price once regular price automatically down by Envato? If I want to give discount for extended license too on the same time. If I do then is there any violation?

Thank you very much.

Hi @softnio! Good question - I’ll check with our developers, as I’m not sure whether the Extended and Standard licenses are independent where our pricing guidelines are concerned. I think it should be okay, but will need to confirm that - I’ll post back when I know for sure.

2 Likes

Hi @BenLeong! yes sure, I will wait for your response.

As per my experience with last couple of campaign that automatically down the price just for regular license. But in upcoming birthday campaign I want to offer some discount for Extended License too.

Thanks for your attention.

1 Like

@softnio Sorry about the very long delay! Our developers have confirmed that price changes to other license types (Extended etc) will not affect the “stable price” rule used for advertising a promotion price on the Standard licenses.

Changes to the Extended License price during the campaign period will not automatically remove your item from the campaign landing page, so the scenario you posted above should be fine.

1 Like