WinZip or Not?

Long time listener, first time caller…

I just downloaded a couple of files and they all appear to have downloaded properly. I am relatively new to this so my question is: Do I need WinZip to unpack the files that I have downloaded? It seems unnecessary considering the file sizes, but hey, what do I know.

All and any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Like

Hello,

You don’t need WinZip specifically, but you will need something to open the archive (zip file). I myself use WinRar, but there are many options available to you. If on a PC, Windows 10 does have a built in archive compressor/extractor, so you just would have to right click on your archive and select “extract”.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi! As far as I know, Windows 7, 10 has a built-in zip archive unzip function, it’s free! I’m not sure, but as far as I know on Envato, everything you buy goes in zip archives (for your convenience, so you don’t have to download unnecessary paid programs-archivers). By the way, I also use WinRar, but this is not necessary!
Good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to all those that offered their help. When I used Windows Edge (Explorer) Instead of Chrome the ‘Extract All’ option was available. Guess Microsoft wants their influence known.

Thanks again,

Daniel