windows 7 - adobe files - thumbnails preview - how?

doru said

but the difference is enormous,

off course i wanted to say “the difference isn’t enormous”. bad english sorry

I will check irfan view, I know the brand, I use it many years ago, they are still around? that’s nice.

thank you all for the recommendation, one can’t work professionally if every time needs to open a file to see if is the one he wanted to open.

crozer said

Let me tell you something. I always built my own computers, literally from scratch. I chose everything, sometimes even the type of screws I was going to use.

I said, those guys buying Macs have no idea what’s inside, nor can they customize it as they want. And that’s partially true.

However: You can get the best of the best in hardware, but the OS (yes, I mean Mac OS X) is so, but SO superior, that anything works super fast. The first time I used a Mac I couldn’t understand its system. You don’t have ‘installation processes’ or those ‘loading times’ as in Windows… yes I know, it sounds out-of-this-world, but it’s not.

And even so, you could still run Windows on a Mac if you so desire. But trust me, you will never get the power from a Mac Pro by building your own PC.

Sorry, had to let it all out :slight_smile:

Chris

On the flip side of that coin I have a custom built rig that no mac can touch.
i7 960 (4 cores [x2]) 12GB Ram and 4TBs of hard drive. 2 GPU powering 4 flat screens. Multi boot Linux / Win 7 64bit. The only time I have waited on this computer is when the parts where being shipped to me. All this and it still costs less than a mac. Admittedly - I probably would need all this if I ran a Mac - but I am a hard core “I Hate Apple” fan - ever since it crashed on me playing Organ Trail 2 decades ago - its not a grudge - its a decision :wink: . Heck I’m probably the only person on the planet that does not have an ipod/pad/phone - instead I have the better :winktongue: Android toys.

Back to the OT
I caution you with the PSD Codec by Ardfry Imaging (at least on the 64bit). This is what I have and it is starting to create problems after something (Adobe/Windows/Codec - I don’t know) updated. It works intermittently at best now.

doru said

… So now I am absolutely sure that adobe are the biggest douche bags of the software companies, they could have made this work with no problem but they didn’t because they are evil. :frowning:

You forgot to mention that they don't support Linux!