Windows 10, Anyone?

I’m not sure how many PC users we have here, but I’m one of them, and therefore I’m debating whether or not to upgrade to Windows 10?

Based on general reviews it seems like users are really happy with the new system, but since I rely on my computer for daily work I want to make sure that the primary software I use (such as After Effects and Adobe CC programs in general) work well in Windows 10.

What I’ll probably end up doing is waiting for a couple of month before upgrading to ensure all the initial bugs are fixed, but I’d love to know if anyone here upgraded to 10, and if you have - how is your experience so far? I’d especially like to know if you noticed any improvements in performance?

Bring back old threads?

Just wait 3 to 6 months I don’t know, or just install Windows 10 in a non-for-work-pc to test it out.
Windows 8 was really bad but 8.1 has been wonderful for me you could try that if you aren’t using it already is faster than windows 7.

Also I came across with this not so long ago:
http://myleniumblog.com/2015/08/02/the-power-of-10/

I am using windows 10 now. AE, C4d everything works fine. And It is faster than windows 7.

_Terry said

Just wait 3 to 6 months I don’t know, or just install Windows 10 in a non-for-work-pc to test it out.
Windows 8 was really bad but 8.1 has been wonderful for me you could try that if you aren’t using it already is faster than windows 7.

Also I came across with this not so long ago:
http://myleniumblog.com/2015/08/02/the-power-of-10/

Yep I think that’s what I’ll do… Just wait for all the crucial bugs are fixed and then upgrade.

chinmay3d said

I am using windows 10 now. AE, C4d everything works fine. And It is faster than windows 7.

Thanks, for the info buddy. I’ll be upgrading from Windows 7 so it’s good to know that 10 is faster. Have you experienced improved performance in AE / other Adobe CC software? or are you referring to overall computer performance in general?

I’m going to wait a month or so I can see the results first.

I am using windows 10 now. AE, 3Dsmax everything works fine. And It is faster than windows 7.

dg3duy said

I am using windows 10 now. AE, 3Dsmax everything works fine. And It is faster than windows 7.

Great, thanks for the info!

I accepted the offer thing and I’m told it will download automatically at some point in the next week or so. It does say that you can install it whenever though, so I might wait a month or two, see how it pans out.

SpaceStockFootage said

I accepted the offer thing and I’m told it will download automatically at some point in the next week or so. It does say that you can install it whenever though, so I might wait a month or two, see how it pans out.

Same here… I accepted the ‘reserve windows 10’ notification but haven’t actually got the prompt to install yet…

I assume it might take a few more days, but in any case I’ve decided to wait until end of September before upgrading :slight_smile:

Sounds like a plan!

Upgraded few days ago on my second (laptop) machine. It seems that all the drivers and software (including After Effects) work just fine here. Haven’t used Windows 8 / 8.1, tried Windows 10 Insider Preview but I must say that I’m impressed with this final version so far…

AuroraVFX said

Upgraded few days ago on my second (laptop) machine. It seems that all the drivers and software (including After Effects) work just fine here. Haven’t used Windows 8 / 8.1, tried Windows 10 Insider Preview but I must say that I’m impressed with this final version so far…

Thanks good to hear! Sounds like Windows 10 is a really stable platform so far. Hope it stays this way, looking forward to upgrade :slight_smile:

I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1, everything seems to be ok, no problems with installed software.

I like it, thank you very much Bill :slight_smile:

I have doubts that the update to w7 to w10 is free forever or just be a year?

I use it: fast, FINALLY GREAT DESIGN, Cortana is good enough. You can find on cnet how to install windows 10 right now,

I been using beta over a two month… only problem in ae is when win is updating, nvidia drivers needed to update manually again because element 3d is not working…

Installing now. Couldn’t resist!

All worked, seems fine so far. Happy days!

I guess the next step is create a start up dvd, if something goes wrong we can reinstall Windows

Is it free forever?