Originally published at: https://community.envato.com/win-a-massive-1000-in-our-server-downtime-web-page-redesign-contest/
We want you to show-off your awesome design skills and help redesign our server downtime page! Not only will your entry have a chance of winning a sensational grand prize of $1,000, but we will credit your name on the page!
What We're Looking forOur downtime page is looking rather dull and is in need of a major facelift. With such an incredible community here consisting of many designers, why not allow our community to be part of the redesign process?! Here's the page that you will be redesigning:
Here's What we Need from You
- A redesign of this page (http://themeforest.net/50x.html) that appears when Envato Market is currently not available due to a server issue.
Your design must include the following requirements:
- Page must contain the Envato logo (Download .EPS | Download .PNG)
Page must include a primary section or message alerting the user that they have encountered an error page.
- e.g. “Something went wrong”. We welcome creative ideas!
Page must include a secondary section or message containing supporting information and next steps.
- e.g. “Sorry, this page is not available. Our development team have automatically been notified of this issue. Please try again in a few minutes. In the meantime, here's a link back to what you were doing before this happened. If you have further concerns or questions, please contact the Help Team who will be very happy to assist you.”
- Layout is consistent with the rest of our site, so in a desktop browser the content area is 984px.
- Designs are based on our font stack: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif
What We’re Looking For
- It is clear to the user they have hit an error page and what they can do.
- Designs are considerate of page load time.
- Represents Envato in a fun and creative way.
- Show progressive enhancement throughout your design.
- How well the design will scale to tablet and mobile - you can provide mobile and tablet designs also, but they are optional.
- See our full terms and conditions for this contest.
How to Enter
- Create fully-layered and editable graphic files in either Photoshop, Sketch or Illustrator format.
- Post a screenshot of your design(s) as a comment on this challenge page.
- Complete the official entry form + use it to provide a link to your source file(s). Your source file(s) will not be shared with anyone outside of Envato. Be sure to resubmit this form each time you enter (with a maximum of 3 entries per person).
- Submit entries by midday (12pm) on October 2, 2015 (AEST)
Prizes & Judging
- $1,000 (via PayPal, Payoneer, or Skrill)
- Won a contest badge
- Your name will be credited for your work