Willing to invest in a promising team

Hello Web Developers / Web Designers

I am willing to invest in a promising team!
I know this idea is bit different and I wish to know your feedback.

I am interested in investing on developing a new WP theme. Idea can be yours. Any good team who is already doing good on this market platform, have good sales records, have good customer reviews are welcome. I am looking for a team who already have several themes posted and doing good and wanting to expand for a new project.

The team has to develop a bug free theme, fix issues upon sales and also support on continuous basis.
Against which I will be sharing profit per sales with team.

The team has to let me know the initial investment costs and development time.
Kindly note that the investment cost cannot be later inflated, I can manage with the time a bit.

The team has to show existing successful projects with sales records and customer feedback.
The team has to have atleast 2 team members with strong experience. Because I believe on this platform prompt technical support is the key.

You can contact me with your profile and portfolio.

Hello. What budget?

You will have to suggest me that with the relevant time line and work ideas.

Hello @themeintegrator

I am an Elite Author and Interested in the collaboration.

You can check my portfolio over here

I have some unique ideas which haven’t been introduced to the market. If you are ready to invest, I am interested in moving forward.

Awaiting your response.

No offense meant, I am just really curious… if a team “already have several themes posted and doing good”, why do you think they would need you? What for? What would you DO? What kind of investment you think you can make that would make sharing profit reasonable? Buy them coffee and cookies for the development time period?

Sorry, once again - no offense meant, but I really don’t understand your offer. Assuming I am an elite author with several themes, more than 10 000 buyers and “doing good” - why would I need you? What for? Please explain. :slight_smile:

Basically, the only investment needed in our business is time and knowledge. Every successful author already have them. There is actually nothing you can invest. Nothing to offer in return of the shared profit you expect.

7 Likes

Totally agree with you! The only case it would make sense if one wants to scale his business and the investment works kind of like VC money but then again - not the best idea for this specific niche considering low entry expenses. Much easier to reinvest the money earned from sales than to onboard a third party. Bet he also wants high ROI so we are not talking about 10-20% here.

1 Like

In your case, if you don’t ready spend money on marketing — then do not even start. IMHO.

Buy bitcoins :slight_smile:

I must agree with @theAlThemist - why will someone work for you, when he can do all job itself?
But, maybe we miss something…

No problem my friend, I am not offended at all, always remember curiosity leads to business success.
Let me enlighten you my friend the thought process behind this post.
I have been working in IT & branding for 20 years and have my own enterprise for past 15 years. I not only have witnessed but been part and parcel of the transition of internet business. I have been investor to many small and big business ideas also.

CMS came in and then Themes came and making websites became lot more easier. So now future is not just about delivering the website but creating peripheral products like themes, plugins, etc for designers to create CMS websites to easy the development processes. Even allied brands like MailChimp have plugins for WordPress. It has created a market of its own around open source platform which is going to be the future for freelancers and micro team to have sustainable avenues of income.

Now earlier if you recollect freelancers weren’t able to have long term sustainable incomes then platforms like oDesk, eLance kicked in about 2002 and collaborated and by 2012 started diluting, if you are aware of them. What I have understood is that this Envato platform is alive and growing. This is because it is not a serviced based model but a product based model (Themes and other products) engaging freelancers/developers to create products. And slowly moving towards service based model where freelancers can work on custom projects.

So there is a whole different type of business ecosystem which is getting evolved. So people who have got hang of this transition and understood this market place are full time creating theme and focusing on that. However, many of them are individuals and even micro teams of about 3 members and not necessarily coming from business background. So they have little understanding of scaling up. So for example you will see many developers doing best sales for 1 or 2 themes out of a portfolio of 10 items. But not all items become super hit. So while maintaining the sales and support to the existing hot selling item, they might sometimes fall short of time to put energy and innovation to build a new product. Which can lead to eventual disintegration/dilution of that small team or a freelancer. So building new item will take time and to sustain till it becomes a hot selling item may become difficult. (Unless that designer/developer doesn’t care for money)

Now I had mentioned that I am looking for someone who has established sales. This is because these could be micro teams or individuals who have understood the technique but sometimes don’t have vision or disposable money to hire more able developers to create innovative products. I am talking about basically scaling up their business model.

That’s exactly what this post is all about. So when I say I am looking for someone with an idea to develop a new theme it could be an individual or a micro team who have understood the vision of growth in this business and want to scale up step by step building new products like themes or plugins.

So basically I am talking about converting oneself from being a freelancer self-employeed professional to a businessman/woman where she/he could add duplication factor to the development cycle.

Now individually one may be earning lot of money selling one or two items and his/her appetite may be full. But how much will that lasts? So unfortunately this post is not for them.
Anyone new with better idea better team and with of course an investor may take over. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will get in touch with you.
Thank you.

Hi there,
you are free to give me an idea, some features or USP’s, development time and budget.
I will evaluate and get in touch with you.
Thank you

Guess you are on the right lines. This is like a VC money.
Reinvesting - I have explained in my earlier reply. ROI%age you are right, but the only pro for the developer is that he/she is getting money upfront even before the sales starts happening to work on the next project.

Yes, but there’s an important point you’re missing. I guess you are expecting 50% of earnings or something around that. But even if we take it from the point of view of VC money, I yet have to find a VC who asks 50% for Seed round investment and even if its series A which generally starts from $1M+, even then they don’t take 50% usually because they understand that it will probably kill the founders’ inspiration and willingness to grow the company at some point, as feeling of ownership is very important in such cases.
Further, another important nuance is the entry cost, from my experience - when someone’s doing good with theme sales, it’s not a problem to reinvest some of it into new theme’s development, especially if you have the initial base and doing good. Anyway, good luck with your searches, maybe you will find someone willing to work on that terms but I wouldn’t put too much hope on that.

Hi,
I understand what you are saying here but to reduce any complexities I am working the other way round and that’s by asking the developer what is the time frame and budget they require for development. Also to importantly I have not specifically mentioned any of my personal %ages.
This is all experimental and I am more keen to see this work out. :slight_smile:

Hi themeintegrator

OK, you want themes so I have to ask this, could you be interested in something else (not a theme) and poss outsite of here?

Fair enough, wish you good luck! :slight_smile: