Why This November is going so down about sales

Hi Guys,
I am worried about the this month because last year November was good for sales at themeforest, but now this year November is so worst about sales. sales are so much down even item analytics show the visitors very down. how about you guys!
Thank you

2 Likes

Same here 0 sales for the last 5days. And I notice that other themes (which were selling poorly last month) now pickups much faster check if your item is featured anywhere. Maybe they just removed it from some of the categories or moved your item in search results down.

1 Like

Indeed sales are lower but we are going through a pandemic. people are losing jobs… on top of that the last 2-3 years were not that friendly for us authors, the Envato management seams that is taking a pure business approach focusing on numbers!!! and is working against us authors or better said they ignore our requests and focus on the company profit… this will not lead to anything good, this place got to where it is because Envato was focused on the marketplaces not a subscription model, authors were secure and happy doing what they love… now is not the case anymore, every time I visit my dashboard or forum I am afraid of another stupid decision that will affect sales, mood and creativity…

I really hope that the new CEO will start fixing things otherwise the future is not so bright for us authors and Envato as well even if Elements int time… and if we are not happy, we can’t work with passion if we are always frustrated and insecure.

The entire forum is talking about the infamous Elements banner… and yes in my opinion that banner dose a lot of damage to the marketplace, at least 50% of buyers if not more think that they will get everything with elements, this leads to unhappy clients, tons of refunds and us authors losing sales…

Hopping for the best! I don’t know why but I have a good vibe about the new CEO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might be right, and in general, this year just feels unlucky. I sell stock footage as well and had huge plans for this year to travel all over Europe and etc. Then after the first lockdown changed plans to make new web templates, and even made few cool designs, hired around 5 developers who failed it. I do know that the growth of Envato is a priority for the team, but who knows maybe they got some unlucky moments like all of us do. People in a team feel different too and it might be that that’s what influences their productivity, decisions and etc.

This year is affected by this pandemic and probably the next year as well, it will be difficult but we can make it!

1 Like