Why reject? We have a hi-end quality of development! But reject!

Hello dear Envato experts.

May you give some advise why my item is rejected?
We make a hi-end quality of html and css development, wery useful documentation and much more!

My demo link: https://instashop.wondermedia.ru/

But we got reject! Why? And was recive this mail by envato: http://joxi.ru/nAy6VyZtXJ4KWr

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Instashop | Mobile online-store, ecommerce UI / UX HTML & CSS template” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected.

Remember you can get help, in the form of tutorials or skilled professionals, on Envato Tuts+ and Envato Studio.

We hope to see a new submission from you soon!

All the best!

Envato Quality team

What i need to improve? Thank you!

The design and UI is a bit close to Instagram and functionality could benefit from quite a few more features and options

Execution seems pretty good, beside some really minor alignment and maybe spacing issues. As @charlie4282 said, i don’t know if it is a problem if it looks too close to Instagram, but you still don’t have enough premium features. I mean, you are just selling a UI, written with Bootstrap and jQuery. At the moment, it doesn’t do anything, it’s static. That is why you have to compensate that by providing a real library of pages and components that could be used in a variety of projects.

Otherwise, there are plenty of ready to start templates on the web, like ionic/Angular framework templates that give you a base application that actually already works. That may be the reason why Envato is rejecting the item. What i understood is that they also assess each product to determine wether or not it has potential to make sales.

What is hard for new authors like me on ThemeForest, is to determine the right niche to design and code each time we start a new product. Doing design is fine, but doing business is also required. Target the right niches for the right growing audiences.

Hope that i could help a bit, regards.

Hi there. Make usual ecommerce theme with the same design. There is no sense to create mobile eshop. Open any responsive eshop and you will see the same view.

1 Like

Hey guys thank you for your response! @charlie4282 @cssninjaStudio @Monkeysan

But i can’t undestand only reasons why my template is rejected?

1. I looked at a huge amount of mobile templates at the forester. They are all the same, almost the same as the other. Everywhere the same menu. We a re try to make diffrent. But reject!

2. Almost all templates are non-interactive. You open the page and you can not get to the product from the product archive . Noth generally no example of how it works.
    Out template full interactive – all buttons works, all functions is works. But reject!

3. All the templates at the theme forest are made by fact hostages of the conjuncture. We are newones, but we don’t wanne be a hostages and made somthink diferent with better usability. But reject!

4. Each template on the themeforest is not unique, all the same. Which means that each new template has a decreasing potential for sales. We did something that has this potential. But reject!

5. If the real reason for the reject is that our template is similar to instagram.
    Matters 2 questions:

6. Why then other templates similar to each other are approved?

7. We did not use elements from the instagram, everything was done from scratch, even the colors are not theirs. The only thing that is the principle of prodect feed. What is the similarity then?

Do not want to be hostage to the conjuncture!!!

Ok, i get what you say, some is fair some is not. We new authors (Including you and me) have a very big challenge to enter the comptetition as it was easy to make big money 4-5 years ago. Today, everything changed. More and more authors, more and more templates, insane competition. Consider also web technologies evolving fast.

However, if you want to be on themeforest, you will have to accept Envato subjective reviews, because aesthetics are mainly about subjectivity, even in arts. Otherwise, you can try other marketplaces, but none will give you the average amount of sales that an author gets on Envato Market.

2 Likes

My thought is that it looks like an instagram.