Why my URL Shortener was rejected????????????? What's the issue?

I created a php url shortener with eye-catching design.
It took 2 months to make it.

And codecanyon rejected it.

this was my script - https://relink.ga/

My url shortener is better than these url shorteners :

Please someone help me sorting this issue

You linked five scripts, but there are far more up for sale. You also seem to have left out the scripts that were of the highest quality. For instance:

Can you reasonably say that your script is considerably better than both of these? If you can’t say “yes,” then a rejection makes sense.

No. I know

are 100 time better than my script. It have more functions as compared to my script.

But as compared to these 5 script is there any issue in my script?

Can you explain what’s the main issue??? So I can also understand what work i forgot to include…

What was the reason given for your rejection? If it stated your item did not meet the “quality standard” then that is exactly what the problem is. The quality standard is defined by the best scripts in your category. If you are not able to reach a higher level of quality, then CodeCanyon has no reason to approve “yet another link shortener script.”

The 5 scripts you linked are extremely old – they didn’t have much competition back then, and the quality standard was fairly low. But today, many years later, it is a different story. Over the last several years this category has seen tremendous growth and you likely will not be able to get approved without having an edge over those two top scripts I linked.

2 Likes

So i will be not able to re-submit this script after modifications?

Not without substantial modifications.

If it was hard rejected, you need to make extreme improvements to the item’s overall quality before you can resubmit it.

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Aqua - Monetized URL Shortener” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected.

Remember you can get help, in the form of tutorials or skilled professionals, on Envato Tuts+ and Envato Studio.

We hope to see a new submission from you soon!

All the best!

Envato Quality team

Still have questions? Contact our Help Center.

Is this mail hard reject?

Yeah, that is a hard rejection. It has the classic “you won’t be able to re-submit this item again” phrase.

Here on the forums, we have suggested for years that if you make a large number of significant improvements to an item then it could be considered a new item and can be submitted for review.

Keep in mind, if you plan to continue working with this script you will want to make sure it is high enough quality to compete with those 2 scripts before submitting it again in the future.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like