Why my Flyer was rejected?

Hello and before I want to thank you for the time you took to read my question, I uploaded a hardrock festival flyer and was rejected I ask for your kind help and advice to know what I did wrong
Thanks a lot!!!

Some of those effects look quite blurry, and some of the text is a little hard to read, plus all of the text being white looks a bit plain.

Have you looked at other “Hard Rock” flyers on GraphicRiver? While some of them may be a bit outdated now, they should give you a good idea of what you can do, and what Envato expects.

wow ! bllllll sorry to say just this but as hard as i try i really see nothing positive to tell u about this one … sorry , no doubt that u did your best but i would rather tell u the ugly truth , u have a huge work ahead to do something potentially accepted out of what u have here …

1- global style
i am not sure that the theme and style really match indeed, as, from what i can see, this is a rather grunge style that u have here, this is how i feel about the messy - sorry for the term - but honestly this is how i feel background and composition that u have here. The problem is that this grunge style is not mastered and u could not really turn this item into a grunge concert one all the same …

2- readability
to be honest , a good deal of texts are not really readable, not to mention that they are no valued, either

3- valuing texts
some text almost look like being incrusted in the background when on the contrary they should be popping out, being valued and outstanding , introducing shadows behind central titles and bringing more contrast to the table would definitely help for emphasizing both texts and hierarchy, too. pls let me remind u also that the club name is essential for a club owner and relegating is in a corner, in a small size and in situation where this is not contrasting well with the background does not sound like a good idea if u ask me …

4- text disposition and alignment
hard to understand the logics in what u have at the moment indeed … pls consider the space between text and margins , they should be the same in both sides. Hard rock would be better in two lines rather than in one to make it more outstanding , more massive and catching more attention, which will impact its positioning in the process …
the text is too stuck with social network icons , not looks not only strange but choking either …
does it really make sense to end up with the website ? is this really what u wanted to emphasize and did it purposely? have u heard about z-shape reading process? (the eye is sweeping across the flyer from top left to top right , then in a slanted way (with a focus point in the centrer of the page) until bottom left and until the bottom right …

5- contrast
this is lacking in many cases, thin about the fact that contrast is not a small deal, this is one of basic design principles indeed … not to mention that this is bringing other “mistakes” in a snow ball effect, like readability issues and others …

6- typo
this is rather flat , not really original, even for the central titles , as well as lacking varations and font combinations if u ask me …

7- hierarchy
i evoked it a bit across before hand but think about it, is the date more important than the club name for instance?

8- picture / model
well for me the model is inspiring more a “indie” show rather than a hard rock one … and to be honest the picture is definitely not looking good and not improving your preview , so is this the right choice?

thank you very much i will keep it in mind

lol u are welcome …

thank you very much i will keep it in mind

1 Like

ok if u have clues enough pls check the “solution” box :slight_smile: