Why my 2019 - 2020 happy new year video is rejected?

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I submitted the following video at videohive in motion graphics category and got rejected due to the following reason: "It isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward"

Video Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkhs2n00cns0ddp/Happy2020NewYear.mov?dl=0

I think the quality is very good.

What do you think why its rejected?

How can I improve myself in future?

Waiting for response.

Thanks

Hi.
Just the 3D particles are not good enough to get an approval. It has almost no design, flat text with no effects or something that makes it look better, in my oinion motion should flow and your work is not smooth at all, no background (just all white). There´s no New Year/Holiday style or “spirit”. Color combination is not the right one, same about the text font (at least from my point of view). No music either.
I hope this helps.
Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your response.

What is the definition of good 3D Particles?

What do you mean by no design? What kind design is required by videohive?

I think text is not flat & have 3D particle transformation effect in it. How do I know what kind of effect is required by videohive?

Can you please explain in more detail that how this animation is not smooth?

Is white background is not allowed from videohive?

There are a lot of other New year animation at videohive which don’t have colors or themes or spirit related to new year they are still approved and live at videohive.

You are right I should have brainstorm make it much more better than this and should have added music in it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Again, all this is just my opnion and my subjective point of view, maybe some other author can say something more or different that brings specific details to your questions.

1 Like

I agree with @GoForMotion. He wrote everything correctly. If you don’t see the mistakes he wrote to you about, then you are simply not ready to make a quality product. Do not get me wrong, I in no way want to be rude. But it is impossible to explain all these points in more detail. Moreover, design is, to some extent, art. And art is subjective thing, and cannot be written down by formulas. Design needs to be felt. And it comes with experience. If you do not feel the difference between your project and the projects that were approved on Videohive, then you need to learn a little more about design, analyze the market. Ideally, you need to graduate from a motion design institute. But you can also take online courses, or watch YouTube video tutorials. Any way, if you want to become a professional, you need to approach this very seriously.
Wish you luck, mate!

5 Likes

Ok, I understand your points and respect your opinion. I will do my best to improve it :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help & time.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your response.

I understand and agree with GoForMotion. I am ready and want to make a quality product.

I have done 4 years of honors graduation in Visual Communication Design from an Art & Design University.

Can you please recommend me free resources where I can learn & improve my Motion Design Skills?

I want to approach it very seriously. Please help me :slight_smile:

Thanks

I don’t know what country you are from and what language you speak, therefore I don’t know what language you are going to watch online courses. Just google it. Also explore the Envato market. See what’s popular and trending right now, what the buyer needs, etc… Also constantly inspired by motion design on Behans, Vimeo, etc…
Over time, understanding will come of what needs to be done. My first project was also rejected. I could not understand why. But after some time, the reason became obvious to me

1 Like

I am from Pakistan. We speak Urdu language but I would prefer to watch tutorials in English language.

Sure I will google it and explore the Envato market.

Is there a specific way to know about What’s popular & in Trend and what buyer needs?

Sure I will start taking inspiration from Behance & Vimeo.

This is not my 1st product. Its my 4rth product. 1st 3 products were approved. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help

I see only 1 video item in your portfolio. It’s not your 4rth video item, it’s your 2nd video item.
You can sort the search by trends and the number of sales

Yes, I have 1 video item, 1 Graphic Item and 1 3D Item. So 3 Items at Envato. Thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile:

:man_facepalming: I know. We discuss motion design here