Why is it forbidden to upload a link to a video tutorial on how to use Templates in my documentation

Hello everyone,

There are the following issues related to Template’s Documentation.

It includes:

1. In my Documentation, in addition to instructions on how to use the presentation template, also there are pages recommended from other templates, but it was forbidden. I’m just wondering what the problem with that is? In the documentation, suggested template’s link can connect go directly to Envato Elements?

2. Why is it forbidden to upload a link to a video tutorial on how to use Templates in my documentation?

@BenLeong
I am confident you will respond.

Thanks,

Regards,
SimpleSmart

Hi @SimpleSmart - sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.

I’ve spoken to our Integrity team lead, and they provided the following info:

For links in the documentation .txt file, we just require that Authors are respectful of Elements and don’t seek to drive traffic to a competing site or service. So if you are selling items on your own site or another marketplace, those links would not be allowed. But providing links to external documentation on how to use the item, or to your own portfolio in Elements should both be fine - these would count as fair use.

See the FAQ “what links can i include in my description” for more info https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000471663-Item-Quality-FAQs

Have you had an item rejected for including video tutorial links in the documentation file? If so, please send me a DM with more information, and I can check with the review teams.