Why Envato doesn't help customers with their purchases?

Envato should support their customers with a great customer service been given from their Authors. I dont get the point of buying a 45$ app to find out it has a lot of bugs and the author doesn’t even give any kind of support !!! WHY ???

Envato updated their support policy to improve the situation for buyers by enforcing author support for at least 6 months if they state that they offer support (something which previously was not the case), and if the item is broken or does not operate as advertised then you will get a refund.

Is it an item that the author states support on? How long a go did you ask for support from the author?

well…i ve asked for some kind of support and the author is saying that i need to contact the hosting provider. So i contacted them. and responded to the author saying that there is nothing wrong with the hosting database but was the php coding. After 24 hrs the author replying saying that the item was fully working for other purchasers and I was the only one whom it wasn’t working so i had to contact again the hosting provider. I totally disagreed with him and i left a bad review on his app selling page. Then he contacted me saying to leave my username and password and php coding password so he would have fixed it. So he did without telling me what he did…But i recognised that the database fil which is included on the purchase package is not the same he uploaded on my database phpadmin account !!! and he constantly asked me to change my review on his app page otherwise he wouldn’t have helped me anymore…i said to him that i was going to install the app back again and if it was going to work fine i would have changed my review and thank u him for his help. but today i tried to contact him asking for some support because the app is not working again and i managed to answer to my second bad review on this page instead of being in touch with me !!
I am really pissed off of his attitude…u need to find out if he is working in accordance with the terms and conditions established from Envato regarding the support. he said that if i will not change my review he would never give me any more support !!! THATS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL, I have paid for a product to be fully working and not having any kind of bugs or errors…repeat FULLY WORKING item !!! I’m considering to open a dispute with paypal for damaged item !!! i ll give him time till tomorrow then i ll phone paypal and i ll send to them all pictures and i ll prove the fact that the item has a lot of bugs and without any support the item is unusable !!!

I would strongly advise you send an email to envato support first and see what they have to say (include any screenshots etc. that you have).

If you open a dispute then your entire account here and all download sis going to be blocked while it is investigated.

It’s hard to tell without seeing everything but definitely sounds like envato would want to check that.

FOR ENVATO SUPPORT READ BELOW

well…i ve asked for some kind of support and the author is saying that i need to contact the hosting provider. So i contacted them. and responded to the author saying that there is nothing wrong with the hosting database but was the php coding. After 24 hrs the author replying saying that the item was fully working for other purchasers and I was the only one whom it wasn’t working so i had to contact again the hosting provider. I totally disagreed with him and i left a bad review on his app selling page. Then he contacted me saying to leave my username and password and php coding password so he would have fixed it. So he did without telling me what he did…But i recognised that the database fil which is included on the purchase package is not the same he uploaded on my database phpadmin account !!! and he constantly asked me to change my review on his app page otherwise he wouldn’t have helped me anymore…i said to him that i was going to install the app back again and if it was going to work fine i would have changed my review and thank u him for his help. but today i tried to contact him asking for some support because the app is not working again and i managed to answer to my second bad review on this page instead of being in touch with me !!
I am really pissed off of his attitude…u need to find out if he is working in accordance with the terms and conditions established from Envato regarding the support. he said that if i will not change my review he would never give me any more support !!! THATS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL, I have paid for a product to be fully working and not having any kind of bugs or errors…repeat FULLY WORKING item !!! I’m considering to open a dispute with paypal for damaged item !!! i ll give him time till tomorrow then i ll phone paypal and i ll send to them all pictures and i ll prove the fact that the item has a lot of bugs and without any support the item is unusable !!!

I dont care my account will be deleted or blocked…i really want ENVATO to look after theirs Author attitude…i Hope somebody will be in touch with me so i can provide with all snapshots between me and the Author…he is replying to me saying bad things…i think he is reading all this !!! can you please help me in some ways ??? I dont want to be called with offensive words from one of your Authors. I dont want to get the police involved for the insults he is saying to me while I’m writing this !!!

I don’t work for envato and the right people for you to speak to are not people who usually keep track of these forums.

The link in my last message is the right place to submit a message to them and include any screen-grabs and so on that you have so they can easily and clearly see what is happening or being said.

Bear in mind that if your account gets blocked then it may potentially be slower for them to help you. It does sound like something that they would take very seriously and want to investigate properly.

so what is the outcome of this case?