Why doesn't codecanyon release items at a rate of "one column everyday" on homescreen instead of dumping and displaying them at any rate or sometimes even 30 approved items at once??

All authors will agree with me that, having your item on the Home screen of “New items” at envato codecanyon website, is the best time to get full exposure of your item and get most sales at an early stage…
After other items are piled on it, you realize that the questions by potential customers on the item even reduces…
This is because its a fact that consumers have a low attention span and may easily not see an item that has been pushed down or hidden behind many other items…

So wont it be fair that, the review team of Envato should release maybe 10 approved items every 24 hrs, so that they prevent the current trend whereby about 30 items or more can be dumped simultaneously on the same day and some wont even get chance of being displayed on the home screen, whilst on other days only 5 will be released??

As i write this post now, we have gone over 7 days without seeing any new code from the “mobile” category on the home screen of Codecanyon… but am sure by tommorrow they are going to dump all the approved “mobile” category items they have pilled up…
As a result, some unlucky authors will not have their item being displayed on the home screen despite it being a new item…
But the lucky authors with items there now, have been able to get 7 whole days of full exposure all for themselves…

I believe this is not fair to all authors,
the Codecanyon home screen on any standard browser is made up of 10 rows and 4 columns… So the release of items should be based on 10 approved items a day… so that all authors will have at least 4 equal days on the home screen thereby giving maximum and fair exposure for each author no matter their size or experience…

Reply if you agree with this idea and think they should implement it :grin:

Been discussed before and it’s can’t work as it relies on consistent volume of submission from each category for it to happen.

Without this there will always be times when some items get longer exposure than others, when some are delayed before they go live, etc. etc.

im not talking about equality in categories…
Im talking about them simply releasing 10 items anyday and in any category as long as 10 items are ready…
So whether they are all php or mobile or wordpress, treat each item as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and release as soon as your review teams has approved “10” new items no matter the category then you approve the next 10, then the next 10…

they are a multi-million dollar company, not a startup in a garage,… if they really put their minds to it and hire more hands to help them, i believe they can do it…

But i understand what you are saying too :+1:

So, by that approach I could release an item but have to wait days/weeks/longer for there to be another 9 approved items of the same category?

I would also possibly need to allow for full sets of 10 in another category to go first if that fills up?

Let’s assume that it takes (for whatever reason) a while for a category to have 10 items - any buyer coming to find something in that category will be very disappointed and frustrated if there is nothing; but not as frustrated as the author who’s item is approved but not for sale because there are not 1,2,3,4,5… other items to complete the set.

I am not even sure that would be legal for envato to without approved items without then adjusting their entire policies.

I genuinely admire that you are coming to the network with ideas and suggestions – just not sure it’s as black and white as you may like :wink:

you are not getting exactly what im talking about…
I am not talking about categories here…
I rather even want them to stop releasing items based on categories and rather treat what ever items they have approved as numbers…

So everyday, they should make sure 10 items are ready approved from WHATEVER category, and release those 10 items for the next day…
in that way, envato will be able to release 70 items every week no matter their category…
and each author will then have the privilege of being on the home screen for 4 days equally…

I know that will increase the wait time by about 2 weeks…
but Authors will not care if their items will be delayed for one more week as long as they know its all in their interest to make sure they get their “4 days of fame” on the codecanyon homepage and increase their sales…

After all, we even spend months making products, just for it to be rejected by envato

Also nobody is talking about legalities here, this is not a legal issue like the other one…
A simple research by envato will get them to know that, this will only add maximum 2 weeks to the time in approving items… and a simple research will let them know that customers rarely search categories as compare to the home screen…

But like i always say, these issues go in the interest of all authors, so envato really never cares about that :joy:

oh lord, Its gonna be a glorious day when proper competition one-day steps into this industry