Why do we give this company money in commission?

I’m brand new to this circle and I’m curious to know why it’s good to exclusively buy and sell with this company?

Exclusive authors get a bigger % as it shows commitment to envato.

All marketplaces charge authors commission - envato is high but not hugely more than most and in return (while there are of course things that could be done better) give authors access to probably the biggest audience of prospective buyers

Hello,

Here you will find about envato Exclusive policy

Author fees Exclusive and non-exclusive.

Thanks!

Prospective buyers are everywhere… So what gives the company an advantage over it’s competition??

The question is the same for any marketplace but primarily the advantage for envato is a massively bigger traffic numbers than pretty much any marketplace

Authors could just as easily set up their own marketplace or sell on their sites but even with fairly heavyweight investment in advertising, they would not be able to get close to the volume of potential visitors or prospective customers.

2 Likes

this is what I was about to write :slight_smile:

Don’t like fees? Invest millions (yes millions) and try to reach same traffic like Envato :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And to add to what they said, the reason why there’s a fee in the first place, is because they’re providing a platform in which you can easily sell items.

You don’t have to worry about the legal stuff, the privacy and protection of customer information, sales tracking, quality assurance, bugs or issues with the platform, site upkeep, etc. You just post an item and get money when it sells, that’s all you have to worry about.

1 Like

well said :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information! Appreciate it.