Why do my first WP theme Hard Rejected?

This is the Demo link:
http://themeforest.top/

They just sent me this email for Rejecting my theme:

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “LUX - Wordpress personal blog and Agency Portfolio” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

It’s not responsive?

No contact page or section

The one page/landing page concept is very very crowded and anything new must have something unique and stand out.

With respect there is little premium features here that couldn’t be found in many freebie themes.

Personally I would become more familiar with the standards and expectation before starting again, but if you want to carry on with this and evolve it then you will need to:

• tidy up fundamental design basics with typography, spacing and hierarchy

• make it mobile friendly

• add a lot more (and original) features, functionality and options

2 Likes

Hi @Messi_Am,

Welcome to the forums! This is just the tip of the iceberg:

• header section photo doesn’t cover the entire area on higher resolutions, but repeats itself instead,
  • portfolio items are duplicated,
  • there’s an empty space below site footer,
  • the exact same “Lorem ipsum” text is used everywhere,
  • theme logo should be clickable,
  • menu doesn’t work properly in Blog section,
  • there’s something wrong with your “Calendar” widget,
  • mobile version of your theme doesn’t exist,
  • there are numerous typography and readability issues.

On top of the above you will have hard time getting this kind of theme accepted. There are a lot of one-page themes on the market, and even if there was nothing wrong with your design, you’d need to come up with something extraordinary to successfully pass the review process.

Thanks,
Luca

2 Likes

Hello sir,

Thank you for helping.

On the last sentence you mean, it is so hard for one-page themes to be accepted?
And do you think i should work on a new theme or first resolve this theme problems?

I need some helpful guidance because I am beginner!

Thanks

Hello sir,

Thank you for responding.

It is full responsive.
I think i should pass this theme and work on a new one!

You need to try it on a phone (font just resize browser) because it is not responding to that device.

@LucaThemesCom ‘s advice is priceless and personally I would start a fresh as there is a lot to be done here and it risk carrying issues over of you stick with the d one