Why are there not more Joomla templates/website design/elements

Envato seems to favor more towards Wordpress authors, themes, etc. Why are there not more authors producing, developing more widgets, themes for Joomla designers such as myself. There are many Joomla website developers who are looking for intriguing themes.

Thanks in advance to those of you who are doing both … some doing html5, joomla and WP.

1 Like

I doubt it has anything to do with Envato favouritising - the only thing limiting the volume of items is the number of Joomla devs out there and the % interested in submitting items

2 Likes

yes I thought about that, but if I search and its not there… I go elsewhere. But because I am so fond of the work provided by Envato I always try here first. Some people may never return at all … I think Envato and authors are missing a huge marketing audience, because they can make any joomla product available in Joomla’s broad directory as well. Just a thought. Thanks

1 Like

I don’t know much about Joomla but logic dictates that if there is genuine demand then authors come here to fill the gap.

Just for clarity -

That would only be possible for non exclusive authors.

1 Like

Simple: there is no market for that. No enough buyers

2 Likes

Again because there are few available and probably because we know we can go to joomla.org and there are definitely many Joomla template, extension, widget developers on the web. … they just don’t use Envato. OK… thanks everyone question answered.

1 Like

This is not a Themeforest restriction, it is the market itself: trends and demands. Currently, Joomla is not a mainstream CMS on Themeforest, even Joomla authors theirselves know that.