Which Studio Headphones should I buy?

It doesn’t matter to me which professional headphones to use. There were many different ones. But I always check the wizard on regular iPhone headphones and regular laptop speakers. If the final product sounds and if at least 80 percent of the sound corresponds to your ideas, then everything is okay. The main client listens through regular laptop speakers or inexpensive non-professional headphones for the player. Believe me, it is very difficult to achieve equally good sound on professional devices and on cheap devices. But if you’ve done it, the approval is guaranteed!

5 Likes

I’d recommend Slate VSX as an ultimate headphone (actually, more than headphone) solution for a very affordable price.

3 Likes

definitely agree with this! work on your nice headphones but then check on your laptop speakers, your iphone headphones or your little bluetooth speaker to know how it’s going to sound for the client!

2 Likes

Hi Zigro! Which studio monitors you using as main?

1 Like

Hi.
As I understand it, we are talking about near-field monitors.
In the home studio budget Yamaha hs8.
But in a working main studio it’s more difficult. Even the Yamaha NS-10
still alive and working).

2 Likes

Thank you! I am looking for monitors now. For home using. Main problem its small room 14 m2.

1 Like

Have you checked Presonus Eris series? They have something called acoustic tuning that may help.
(I’m not a “Pro”. Test them and compare them with others before buy. They are low in price compared to their competitors.)
Good luck!
[/quote]

Thank you! yes I read information about these monitors. I like the budget price! also my shortlist: krk 5 g4, yamaha hs 5 or 7, adam tv, and eris. The choice is not easy

I’d stay away from hs. Despite their fame, they do not translate well in the consumer audio world.If your budget is a bit flexible i’d reach into dynaudio/focal. Otherways take a look at JBL LSR 305, or EVE Audio. From your list, the best approach will be Adam audio. Amazing high frequencies, not so great low end on smaller models.So Adam T8v . Or at least T7v.

Thank you for advice! By the way, I also listened Dynaudio bm5 monitors. Above budget but the sound impressed me especialy stereo field.

Yes, they are. I own BM5a for 15 years. I own some other secondary speakers , smaller or mono, but the BM are my go to monitors. You, probably may find an used pair for a very decent price.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
After considering your opinions I finally made a decision. Most of the options given above were unavailable in my area due to covid 19 situation. Finally I went with Audio-Technica ATH M50X.
Here is the first track I produced using my new M50X and my good old friend Eris 5.
It is not a full track. It is a short intro version.
I’d be glad if you could give me a feedback on it.
Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Too short to fully appreciate, but what I heard sounds worthy.

1 Like

Thank you @Romantic_City. This is my first track in the Logo category. I ruin most of my tracks by trying to extend them and endless tweaks and takes ages to finish. So I decided to try a short version. Thanks again for the feedback and I highly appreciate it. Best regards!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

AKG K702 - chúng thật tuyệt. I like it

Using the Sennheiser HD800. Great, but if you’re on a budget try the AKG K701/702. Used them for mixing for almost 10 years prior to the Sennheisers and they never dissapointed me.

1 Like