which graphics card should I buy to run 3ds max and after effect?

Hi Everyone,

Till now, I was running 3ds max and after effects without using any separate graphics card.

but, because they are running slow, I am planning to buy a graphic card.

please advice me which graphic card should I buy.

thanks in advance

I would suggest you to buy a GTX 670 and then later probably buy another one for SLI and you will have much more power than a 690. the 670 costs around $500 approx probably much less now

You should buy a nvidia Cuda technology supported card. GTX series are generally supported. You can buy from Nvidia GTX480 to GTX 600… Quality will depend on price :slight_smile:

System Memory and CPU are important as well. Buying a good quality graphics card for an average PC won’t do you any good. After Effects is high on system memory, including CPU, and Video card.

If you have 16 gig system memory, and more than 6mb CPU Cache than you are fine. However, recommending you a video card is absolutely critical at this point. You need to give us more information, what you currently have. Without more information it is impossible to recommend a video card for your system.

AfterEffects mostly depend on system memory. For fast AfterEffects rendering and loading you may need 16gb RAM. GPU not soo important for AE.

rahulbist said

Hi Everyone,

Till now, I was running 3ds max and after effects without using any separate graphics card.

but, because they are running slow, I am planning to buy a graphic card.

please advice me which graphic card should I buy.

thanks in advance

for a fast render you don’t need a perfect graphic card. you need perfect processors.