Where should I live?

If 6 is not a strict requirenent, I would suggest Croatia. Town, maybe Rijeka. You can get a more than decent apartment for $350, $450 of you account for internet and bills. Food is pretty cheap but good, weather is mostly mild throughout the year.

English is not a native language but in bigger cities you should have no problem getting by.

Yep, Croatia does look pretty good. I donā€™t mind learning another languageā€¦ eight months until I go, so I should be able to pick up the basics.

Hey Scott,

Havenā€™t read all the thread yet, just jumped right to reply, and i hope this thread will become popular as i too, am very interested in this.

I was just looking these days at Malaga or Valencia, Spain (or better yet, southern Spain) and iā€™m thinking of moving for 4-6 months there. I know a bit of spanish and i can understand it quite well (been a soap telenovela fan back as a kid :smile: ) . I what city are you currently living in Spain?

Other countries iā€™ve been researching are basically mostly Mediterranean as i enjoy warm weather much more than cold. So other locations iā€™m currently thinking of are Malta (i heard English is well spoken here), Greece, Cyprus, southern Italy, Croatia, but still consider other Mediterranean countries as well, still havenā€™t visited them yet.

Iā€™m going to keep this thread really close as iā€™m excited to hear all recommendations :smiley:

PS: Ha! Just seen you currently live in Malaga, i will probably bother you soon with some questions, hope you wonā€™t mind! :smiley:

Marius

2 Likes

hi buddy, well , a friend of mine told me that bulgaria is is having low standards and cost of life that thus life is affordable then , maybe that maybe a solution for u ā€¦ i may also say that depending on bad economic situation, a country like greece might be ok if u manage to have a work and earn a decent living online or something like this ā€¦ otherwise, guatemala is known for being one the less expensive countries to stay , so that might be a solution for you indeed

2 Likes

The island of long life : Ikaria - Greece :smile:
Do a google search, there are a few documentaries around as well
I hope the best!

u are greek Blerc arenā€™t u ? if so what do u think about Greece?

1 Like

I know a tiny bit of Greek, so that could work

I am half Greek, half Spanish. My mother is from Antequera, Malaga/Spain, and my father from Thessaloniki, Macedonia/Greece.Both places are great, I love both Countries.

Been living in Valencia for a year, loved the old town part, and the beach road Calle de las Reinas, with all those tiny houses. A surreal place to be (in a good way), named Cabanyal.

Been living in Malaga, San Sebastian, Porto (Portugal) and other places around South Mediterranean Sea ( I love Fishing thatā€™s why, i need a sea around so i can fish (lol)). I currently live at Xanthi Greece, another lovely place to be.
I am now married and with a lovely son, I am happy with my life, although i canā€™t travel any more like the old days.

So SpaceStock, i strongly recommend one of our Islands. The West Greek Islands are Great places to live for ever. Ithaki is a historical place, Corfu is full of Italic Influences, Lefkada, Paxi and Zakinthos are pure greatness. If you donā€™t want to feel deserted on an Island, Lefkada is the place to be, since you can drive through a tunnel underneath the sea in less than 10 mins. Crete, the Southest Island of Greece. Itā€™s a whole standalone nation itself. Chaniaā€¦ I love it. Since Greece has so many islands to visit or to live at, I would advise to take a look at them and do your research before you go. I would sudgest Avoiding the very far east Islands, because of the latest Migration Wave from Syria. The situation over there is a bit Chaotic. No, i am not a xenophobic, i embrace all religions and nationalities, but realistically, the thing down there is out of hand at the moment. Kos, Mitilini, Rhodes, & Lesvos are a bit screwed at the moment. All those poor people are trying to move from Greece up to Nothern Europe, so you get the point.

In any ways, I read all your replies, and I honestly would like to Go to Seville for a sangria, jamon patanegra and flamenco. Argentina, Ecuador, Romania, Croatia, and all those lovely places to stay.
With such a variety of options ahead, you are more than lucky to be able to travel!

In any ways, if any of you guys comes to the northern part of Greece, for vacations or whatever you all have a house to stay in Xanthi.

1 Like

Greece is Sunny, Greece is Great! Although it suffers from the economical Crisis, life is still ok

@blerc Youā€™re living the dream!! Bravo!!

1 Like

Awesome thread! I would suggest you to go to Romania. Majority of creative people (like us) whom I see on the marketplace are from the beautiful country Romania. Creativity is god gifted there it seems. Also, love their dance. Would like to meet them all!

1 Like

CRETE!!! > The land of the Legends, Kazantzakis and Psarantonis! :wink:

1 Like

i had the opportunity to visit Rhodes , u mentioned this island, it was cool, but this is very hot in the summer lol

and greek women are , according to what i could witness, among he most beautiful in europe, at least this is the european country that i visited which is having the most attractive women lol

if you want to Iive in france, it could not get any better than Nantes, beautiful city, good people and environment, it rocks! i know as i was born there , the only problem about Nantes, this is that this is in france, so a country in which taxes are high and cost of living maybe even worst ā€¦

Estonia and Sweden have some very beautiful ladies, seen plenty in Spain as well, but yesā€¦ have seen some very attractive Greek ladies. Greek food is great as well, I canā€™t write in Greek and I donā€™t know the proper spelling ā€˜English styleā€™, only how to say it, but ā€˜gleftigonā€™ is great. Dolmades are terrible. Zefaniya will make you go blind.

Thatā€™s my overview of Greek food and drink!

Why canā€™t we strict to our mother land and do some thing for it? Is it not possible?

I see your point. Isnā€™t earth our home land ?

I live in Cluj-Napoca. It is a great city, not to expensive to live in. Iā€™ve had some nice freelancing jobs along the years here. Is not bad. Another great city from Romania are Sibiu and Brasov, quit mountain towns, cheep to live in, nice people, multicultural.

itā€™s this :

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/SlovƩnie/@46.1167637,15.0021793,8.25z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x476524e75e968361:0xe740451e25e2d465