Where is AJ On PRO ?

Could a non-exclusive author upload the same track to multiple sites and receive royalties only from the ones that support PRO-registered music?

Yes

Aside from the author not getting royalties, could this situation create a problem for any of the parties involved? For example, would either Production Company A or Broadcast Station B be penalized in any way?

Probably not, as if a cue sheet is not filled in the monies will go into an uncollected pool.

Is it possible that a YouTube video could get taken down or the music removed?

I would love to see an update on this subject. Great insights :slight_smile:

Two observations Iā€™ve made in the past couple of months:

1. Iā€™ve had this issue that my free file has been aired on national television and radio several times - without a purchase of the right license. Iā€™ve also had two tracks on my non-RF soundcloud profile which have been downloaded by mainly radio stations. It seems that these stations actively search for what they call ā€œcompletely free musicā€. Iā€™ve disabled the download by now and Iā€™d advise you to do the same.

2. To get things straight. We as musicians choose to join a PRO, so we can protect the right of our music. And I bet, everyone who considers himself/herself a serious musician/composer/songwriter/performer knows this and he or she is member of a PRO. Envato (refusing to allow PRO registering here on AJ) is degrading his Authors to non-professionals. You could argue with ā€œdonā€™t find this marketplace fair? look elsewhereā€, but this isnā€™t working here, because of Envatos huge popularity.

3 Likes

Not sure, but I think youā€™ll find that itā€™s not a question of Envato allowing PRO registration of tracks, but more to do with the Royalty Free aspect. For example, Iā€™m pretty sure the PRS does not allow RF tracks to be registered on its books. In fact, if anyone was caught registering RF tracks with them, they would take a pretty dim view of it and you could very easily being banned.

Royalty Free and Rights Managed tracks are separate issues.

Any news on that? I have like 40 tracks I could put here but they are registered with a PRO (SGAE)

I got a note saying ā€œpost canā€™t be emptyā€ so I deleted my post

Just in case people donā€™t know yet, AJ now ALLOWS PRO-registered music! :slight_smile: This is the greatest thing Envato did for Audiojungle, and frankly the only reason why Iā€™m back and ready to upload music again. Rock n roll!