When you buy a bundle, do you need to buy a new license each time you use it for a product?

If I buy a bundle like Cinepunch, which has 6000 assets, do I really need to buy a new license for each product I create that uses it? The license is pretty unclear, maybe someone could help explain it?

The license FAQ states:

If I purchase an Extended License, do I get a multi-use, multi-domain, multi-client or developer license?

No. The Extended License is still limited to a single end product, but you can re-sell that product.

How does that work with a bundle? I mean, what’s the point of buying a bundle if you have to pay for each time you use a part of it…?

Thanks!

Interesting… I wonder what happened, I read that reply, but maybe there’s now some more confusion around the subject?

Would love it if more people chime in because I’d think this topic affects a lot of bundle-buyers!

Thanks!

Thanks VivoBeat!

Man that is really confusing though right? Why would anyone ever want to buy the regular license vs the tools license if you’d have to buy a new license each time you use it…?!?

Thanks!

1 Like

Good call. Thanks!

1 Like

Follow up question for anyone who might be able to help. Is there any way to search for items that have the “Tools License”? Those are really only the products that seem interesting to me, but I can’t find a way to find them…?

Thanks!

You cannot make up your own license terms Phantazma. The licenses you offer for the Premiere version of Cinepunch are one time use licenses.

The After Effects Version does offer the Tools license and this is the correct license for multi-use.

So, buyers of the Premiere Version are not buying a license to use this several times. Regardless of what you say, unfortunately.

Hey,
all products in the “Add ons” category have the tools licence. So after you put in a search term for something, you can select the “Add ons” category on the left and you got the ones you want! :wink:
Best Regards
Anton

1 Like

Thanks Creattive, I understand what you are saying. But I am certainly not making up my own license terms.

I honestly don’t understand why envato is selling tools, like “700 animated titles” or “2000 transitions” with a one-use “standard” license. Do they actually expect me to pay 65.- each time i use a single animation which would save me ten minutes? What sane person would do that? Or do they expect everyone to just ignore the legal implications of what i could consider to be normal usage? Envato could run out of money and start suing all the customers. Getty does it.
I had a whole basket full of products that i just deleted instead of buying because the license is completely inacceptable.