Whats your opinion? i need your feedback before submit

Hello guys,
i asked for the feedback here before for this project.

and the guys gave me some guidelines to follow them,

now i have made all notices and i need your feedback before submitting the project.

i hope you like it.

this is the link

notice :

• this is only test wordpress installation and the main demo will be created later.
  • all images and logos and text are placeholders.
  • i tried to display all custom blocks and widgets as possible for taking your feedback and the demo will be less than that number of blocks.
  • every corner in this theme is customizable (We have a lot of theme options :smiley: )
  • the theme is based on unyson framework and i used it as a plugin.

Your feedback will be appreciated
thank you guys.

i’m waiting :blush:

The theme looks good:

• good typo, seems solid in terms of spacing, readability, but I will tell you later what I don’t like about
  • I like the features alot, I believe this must be a fork of the Scratch theme?
  • the general look and feel seems well balanced

I don’t like

• those headings with green backgrounds stand out too much, it’s like I’m looking at a game menu and not a content website, the design is good, I would use it for buttons instead
  • the logo looks like a 5 seconds mock-up
  • logo spacing also seems incorrect
  • headings line height (I know this is crazy, I take calculator and take it all to last pixel)
  • headings letter spacing: it just doesn’t help the chosen font to lead properly because the default browser rule value
  • headings seem to have a render issue because you are using a google font without it’s bold variant, they just don’t look pixel perfect on my screen, I strongly believe this must be related to the issue reported on the Unyson issues page
  • images look fine but they don’t seem to connect with or relate to a certain domain
  • the main slider’s dots navigation create too much white space, if you don’t see them in the first 2-5 secs, it looks like a glitch
  • the spacing isn’t good enough because those green backgrounds all over the place make it all feel stretched inside
  • something about contrast isn’t right, the first thing I don’t like is also related, perhaps because the above

There could be more things to consider, perhaps fixing the above would diminish anything else.

Best of luck

Design wise looks good to me. I did go through the website and I did found one issue though. There is no space between articles when viewing at mobile width on archive page. Read more button is sticking to the next article. Strange this is only with archive page. Different styles used for this page?

Thank you @dnp_theme
thank you for the review,
i built the theme from scratch :smiley:

those headings with green backgrounds stand out too much, it’s like I’m looking at a game menu and not a content website, the design is good, I would use it for buttons instead

i’m trying to display all custom blocks for giving the best feedback

the logo looks like a 5 seconds mock-up

it’s just a text, i was testing the typography options for the site title and tag line.

logo spacing also seems incorrect

just i gave it 60px in the theme options but the default value is 30 px

headings line height (I know this is crazy, I take calculator and take it all to last pixel)
headings letter spacing: it just doesn’t help the chosen font to lead properly because the default browser rule value

do you mean the post titles or block titles or what ?

headings seem to have a render issue because you are using a google font without it’s bold variant, they just don’t look pixel perfect on my screen, I strongly believe this must be related to the issue reported on the Unyson issues page

as i showed you in the code on the issues page of the unyson, i only take the font family name and it’s variants from the unyson framework and do the rest on my end. could you provide me a screenshot of the issue, may be i can resolve it :slight_smile:

images look fine but they don’t seem to connect with or relate to a certain domain

images are just a placeholders for testing purposes only.

the main slider’s dots navigation create too much white space, if you don’t see them in the first 2-5 secs, it looks like a glitch

i feel it’s nice but on the other hand this magazine have 3 carousel styles for the main carousel, you saw one of them only, still there 2 sliders to see.

the spacing isn’t good enough because those green backgrounds all over the place make it all feel stretched inside

i don’t understand this.

something about contrast isn’t right, the first thing I don’t like is also related, perhaps because the above

i think this because of the colors settings, for me i choose the color that i think it’s suitable for the content in the demo but the user has the freedom of changing the colors.
it’s a matter of taste.

i just wanted to say thank you very much for the review and wish me good luck with the reviewers.

@Fahad_kz
i’m glad you like it
and thank you for reporting the issue i will fix it before i submit the theme.

do you have any other opinions?

Thanks for my feedback… and corrections…

@imran_molla What do you mean ?!

I mean the posts titles, the ones in the content “blocks”.

Your block headings are to blame for creating the illusion of bad spacing. My eye is trained to see that in fact the spacing is good despite the block titles’ background color.

Anyways, I reviewed your theme as if you would have uploaded it today, I didn’t know it’s still a work in progress, I usually review themes that have been rejected around here, well from time to time.

As for all previous reviews, I recommend checking my demos, my favorite themes, it’s indeed my style of design language, I hope you like it, but it’s a great way to get to learn new and perhaps better design.

Best of luck.

no mean…

@dnp_theme thank you,
i’m about finishing the theme,

Your block headings are to blame for creating the illusion of bad spacing. My eye is trained to see that in fact the spacing is good despite the block titles background color.

i tried to create something new with the block titles style, but the user still can customize it’s size with the line height option in the theme settings, in the future updates i will add a new style option so the user will be able to select another style for block titles

i think the submission time has come. :relieved:

again, Thank you very much for your feedback