What's your marketplace item conversion rate?

If your marketplace item has a preview site, and you have added google anaytics to it (or have other means of tracking statistics) you can calcuate this. You could also rely on http://analytics.envato.com Take your item’s sales and divide it by your unique visitors (sales/visits per month or lifetime). Multiply the number by 100. You should receive a number like 1-10%. What do you get?

3 Likes

Very helpful!

Thanks @Firsh for the link. I didn’t know about this Envato site.

Well it’s under Author resources in your Dashboard :slight_smile: My rate is around 6%, what’s yours?

Firsh said

Well it’s under Author resources in your Dashboard :slight_smile: My rate is around 6%, what’s yours?

0.9 % but I am just starting, so I hope this will go up in time!

How do you install Google Analytics on your page? I’ve been trying somethings which were mentioned on this forum, but google doesn’t accept the URL to my item? It is telling me the URL is invalid.

1 Like

You can’t add Google Analytics to your ThemeForest item. What you could do is add analytics to your demo page for the product.

OriginalEXE said

You can’t add Google Analytics to your ThemeForest item. What you could do is add analytics to your demo page for the product.

Ahh I can see now. I only have VideoHive items which are displayed on VideoHive itself. So no Google Analytics for me!

My best is 24.6%. Next is 12.4%. Then the rest look to be around 7%.

Depending on the item, but it’s around 3%

Firsh said

Wow you sure that is correct, that is awfully high and very respectabe !

1 Like

I’m not sure if i’m doing it correctly, but i get around 1% :smiley:

RubenBristian said

I’m not sure if i’m doing it correctly, but i get around 1% :smiley:

I would have thought 0.4 to 0.6% be more likely, 1% is awesome …6% absolutely incredible

1 Like
SportTipsWorld said
Firsh said

Wow you sure that is correct, that is awfully high and very respectabe !

It’s for the lifetime of my plugin, thanks! :slight_smile:

For the lifetime of the plugin ?

The conversion rate applies weather its 10 days old or 10,000 days old.
So kind of irrelevant statement.

Using your math

Purchases / Uniques x 100 its a conversion rate.

So either you have limited uniques and high sales or pro rata…

Conversion rate is jut a % but is very significant, 6% seems extraordinarily high based on just under 1500 sales, perhaps you get lesser uniques…which results in higher gain…i dont know, either way it is miles above others i would guess.

Most direct sales companies work on 40% min. But thats a different beast

Well it can change over time. The more time measured, the smoother the average. I’m just saying I didn’t pick my best day and calculated the conversion rate on that given day but I set analytics from the start to the current day and measured like that.

Firsh said

Well it can change over time. The more time measured, the smoother the average. I’m just saying I didn’t pick my best day and calculated the conversion rate on that given day but I set analytics from the start to the current day and measured like that.

Be interesting to make that an app, as conversion rates are generically the measure of market penetration. Some graphing would be a nice touch.

My two items:
(103 + 254) / (12908 + 13712) = 1,3%

1,54% to my latest item, I’m quite happy with this.

0.9% - 1%

.8% for the first item, and some .6% for the second one. :frowning:

I have only one item. And i got 1.1%. Is it fine??