What's going on Envato?

Fully support!

Fully support!

I fully support you!

Also, I support the idea to verification personality !
This will protect Envato from stolen music.

The best ways: (my opinion)
1) asking for attach photo of the passport during registration process.
2) a reference to the real Facebook page.
3) demonstrative video (with sound) of one or two projects from the portfolio!

18 Likes

Fully support!

I think Envato always should require demonstrative video (with sound) for all items! Each uploading should be confirmed and proved by such video. Itā€™ll stop large flow of stolen music and can limit large flow of music in its entirety

2 Likes

@SonicJam Agreed! #makeAJgreatagain

Support!

For normal authors its a not problem to send their ID to verify account

This I think will resolve stolen-music accounts

If somebody have stolen music - just give them ban forever for their ID

Thanks, sorry for bad english;(

Yes, agree, little demo videoof project its not a problem)

If you like 29 day review times, youā€™re going to love whatever they become if video is required.

Verified photo ID should be enough to stop the criminals.

3 Likes

Photo ID verification is a good idea to stop those thieves

I fully support, Alex!
Owesome:)Uploadingā€¦

Fully Support!

29 days is better than 100500 fraudulent profiles full of stolen music. Itā€™s time for Envato to save its stock by all means

2 Likes

Fully support!

Review will take more time for sure, but I think, itā€™s worth it. Also without stolen music thereā€™ll be less items to review.

1 Like

wow im pretty horrified to read this - this is the sort of thing that can undermine customer confidenceā€¦ they will just go elsewhere envato! This really needs to be looked into immediately or I can imagine a site-wide sales drop overall.

Ive got a couple of tracks in the queue that are now being counted in months not days, I guess that is due to this massive track overload. this is getting pretty ridiculous :confused:

Oh and totally agree with the idea of copyright checks during review process, im amazed this isnā€™t done already, obviously some morons are going to try uploading songs that dont belong to them if they can - thats just the way of the world.

5 Likes

Same here, thatā€™s why Iā€™ve stopped reporting violations a long time ago.

Iā€™m sure a large number of those cases could be prevented by simply implementing ID verification.

1 Like

Yes, this is very disappointing situation((

+1 fully support!! :slight_smile:

Itā€™s really interesting question: why reviewing process for some new authors items 4-10 days and for other authors more than month? I hope Envato Team will give answer to clear situation.

7 Likes