What's going on Envato?

The same on themeforest. Looks like a debris flow. Lots of copycats. Seeing the biggest crisis with review queues it all looks really weird.

Please, respect Envato. I think something will be changed soon. If not - all Envato business will be affected by such mistakes.

1 Like

They are not gonna check items for copyright violations, they prioritise some authors and forget about all the rest, they want us to pay their taxes, they provide additional payments for money withdrawal, their search engine is a messā€¦
But we, authors, are still here and we want this marketplace to be the best.
Now, whoā€™s talking about disrespect?
Nothing is gonna change if we will sit quiet.
Envato gave me a chance to make a living by doing what I like to do - composing music. And I really appreciate it. And I donā€™t want to lose this chance.

5 Likes

How long you here? Believe me, there was various situations during all this years. And we are still selling and Envato earn profit. So may be we need some patience to see what they will offer to us later? So put first what Envato gave you instead of what you WANT from them. With such complicated platform as Envato nothing changed fast.

1 Like

We get it.

You want to defend Envatoā€™s honor.

And thatā€™s understandable.

But you have to realize that youā€™re speaking from a place of extreme privilege.

After all, youā€™ve been featured three times.

This has without a doubt helped your sales as well as the overall stability of your income.

The vast majority of authors will never be featured even once. Never. Ever.

Thatā€™s not to take anything away from your music, which is excellent.

But the fact is, you personally feel much less impact from these screw-ups (one after another) than the rest of the great unwashed proletariat.

So while itā€™s easy to tell others to have patience, your experiences are not the same as theirs.

Some basic understanding toward the plight of others is in order here.

3 Likes

Recent events are so outrageous and unacceptable, itā€™s sad and a little embarrasing at once that we have to get vocal about this here. Authors invested their time and money in this marketplace and get outrunned by pirates and scammers. Itā€™s sad. Letā€™s not forget, in the end every buyer who buys unconsiously a pirated track wonā€™t buy yours.

Iā€™d love to trust Envato: Multiple times Iā€™ve reported copyright violations, some of them remixes of blockbuster soundtracks which could (undetected) lead Envato to much trouble. In the end many of them got ignored by support, so I stopped. Some of those items kept beeing live for another week. We asked for an ID verification a year ago.

Truth is that Envato seems to be more interested in beeing this new fresh and easy startup, but at the same time they are neglecting things on the marketplace which could damage exactly this image. Piracy, PRO, ID, even small things like finally fixing the preview file names retain untouched while Avatars got round edges and the profile page got redesigned. While I know that Audiojungle is only a small part of the Envato revenue chunk, itā€™s also their responsibility to back us Authors, all Authors.

Please Envato, stop ignoring things which are necessary for your Authors.

9 Likes

I do not want to defend Envato, i want to be objective. And i was not featured 3 times, only 2 time, which is also great honor for me. If you count Featured Author - so yes, 3 times including it. I am guilty. As for stability of sales and income, you can easily find a lot of featured tracks with low sales, so it is not about feature ONLY. I was the one, who asked Envato to improve their Featured track slots, you can easily find my ideas, mixed with amount of moaning on this forum. And beleive me, i have huge amount of contacts with other authors, who in the sames situation as you, and hey, i am also waitng 1 month for my tracks to be released. @jremick already explained what happened few days ago (and apologized too). So letā€™s beat him with stones? Or those, who decided to implement some features without intensive testing? I donā€™t think it will be right. If there is some new features to be implemented, iā€™ll wait with patience. If you have constant flow of new tracks, review waiting time is less important. And yes, i believe those, who offered such a great, not ideal, but great platform for selling our music, deserve our respect.

5 Likes

I fully agree with you. Thereā€™s a lot of room for improvement, but banging on whatā€™s wrong wonā€™t help. Bottom line I think, Envato is a great platform for authors to sell their music. And I believe itā€™s in Envatoā€™s/ AJā€™s interest too to make the nescessary improvments on which Iā€™m sure theyā€™re working hard. So letā€™s have a little patience and hope for more opportunities that will come. And last but not least: in every company mistakes are made. Itā€™s important how you deal with those mistakes.
This is my 2cts.

1 Like

I think there is plenty of respect for the company and even more so for staff from nearly all authors here, that doesnā€™t mean that when things go wrong, or when unfair practices/theft of music occurs, authorsā€™ should sit by and do nothing. Sorry. We all have a vested interest to help ensure that AJ is the best royalty free site it can be.

Also, I had a featured file and I had good sales, personally I think good sales figures, largely depends on whether the track chosen is ā€˜inspirationalā€™ or not. Most selected Inspirational tracks do well. Yours is doing particularly well @LumenMedia :wink: Congratulations :smile: !

Most authors here are of a good standard so all tracks chosen are going to be ā€˜viableā€™ . I must confess it would be nice if more/varied authors were given a chance but hey ho!

I do notice that the authors who are gaining most from Envato are tending to remain neutral/silent (or worse). I suppose we can all understand that.

BUTā€¦

Just because I have expressed my opinion about a variety of issues over the years, does not mean I hate Envato, I actually want to make it better for EVERYONE. I think that is a good thing.

3 Likes

The desire not to offend anyone Envato someone offends! The truth of life: you can not be good for everyone!

14 day :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still new to AudioJungle and Envato and I must say itā€™s very concerning to hear this is happening.

How about getting a clean-up process going with the help of us legit authors? Something like this:

1. Envato sets up a URL where Authors can flag a track as stolen.
  2. Envato appoints someone/team to listen to tracks flagged as stolen and they can suspend the tracks.
  3. Once a track has been flagged for review, then other authors canā€™t re-submit it - letā€™s not flood the reviewer with loads of the same submission.
  4. When an author flags a track, they must send a link to the original track eg. @Infraction said they heard a Martin Garrix track - so send the Martin Garrix Youtube link, SoundCloud link etc - then itā€™s easy for the reviewer to listen and compare.

If stolen tracks can quickly be suspended, then the offenders might start losing their motivation.

We canā€™t expect a reviewer to know every song out there but if we all team up, combining our knowledge of commercially released music, then weā€™ll be a force to be reckoned with!

2 Likes

I completely agree. Maybe itā€™s my English fondness for queuing, but I donā€™t see how a system that prioritises new and elite authors over everyone else can be deemed ā€˜fairā€™. In my book, first-come-first-served is and will always be the correct way to go here.

2 Likes

Someone sees a discrepancy? image

1 Like

Hard reject after 30 days of a track on audiojungle:

ā€œAfter some consideration, it was determined that this submission does not meet our general commercial composition/arrangement/production standard, unfortunately.ā€

When i was reading it I didnā€™t know if I had to be angry or to laugh, being the track at the same composition/arrangement/prodiction quality level of my top seller.

I see that by now in AJ is better to accept stolen tracks than getting quality, original ones. That makes me wonder how long iā€™ll be collaborating with this platform because clearly thereā€™s something really wrong going on.

2 Likes

Well, envato is in a messy situation and i wonā€™t be surprised if some reviewer are simply rolling dices to approve or not to save time. Stolen music has been spotted often, expecially lately and that avails the idea.
Anyway, thatā€™s not really a problem. If Envato is ok to lose sales on good quality productions because some trigger happy reviewer who has to fill the daily review quote, well, luckily there are alternatives to them.
If they donā€™t realize they are killing their business by themselves with the current behaviour we canā€™t do nothing about it. Their business, their choice.

1 Like

I donā€™t think all these public criticizing of Envato as a market place is doing any good to anyoneā€¦Having said that some things should be improved or fixed.

2 Likes

All authors should be verified and should be banned for good after uploading copyrighted material. And in a perfect world, the best marketplaces would gather together and share this authors banned list.

Iā€™m sorry for you guys. I give up on envato team a long time ago. I still canā€™t comprehend how uncollaborative they are. Their slogan: ā€œWe work for the communityā€ is hypocritical.

Envato team is all right, maybe there really is something stronger than they are