What's going on Envato?

Everything make sense… this was order of reviews :

1. new authors registred in april-may with items approved after 8-10 days
  2. new authors registred in june with items approved after 1-3 days
  3. old authors with items approved after 29 days (b7official)
  4. old authors with items approved after 33 days (alec_koff)

:)) I’m waiting for my turn with items that are submitted 27 days ago )))

1 Like

I’m curious though what the wait time is for old authors submitting items more recently

well, I hope this madness will end soon and we all be reviewed and happy :innocent:

2 Likes

20-22 days, few days ago,… I guess that type of authors and items go with quality.market.envato.com/audiojungle

More and more “old authors” items appear on new music page… I got a feeling that soon everything will be ok! with everyone’s items reviwed and an unique review time for everyone

M-I-R-K-I-C on this thread said that they uploaded a new item and it was expected in a few minutes which would indicate it wasn’t a new author thing but a new submission thing.

or a “new submission of any author (old/new) but without old items in review for long time.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be interested to know if anyone has tested this theory by uploaded a new item whilst items are in still the queue.

Old tracks month+ already going to approve, don’t need more tests

Well after looking at this situation it does seem certain that they have implimented an automatic review for new artists script. Whoever had that idea really needs their butt kicking, well done you have just given Envato a huge problem, now they have to go through and remove all of these illegal / junk tracks that have basically bumped the average track quality down considerably, and probably putting off new customers en-masse.

Obviously that is why the “average review time” went down so quickly here http://quality.market.envato.com/audiojungle its clearly automated, so that shows the amount of insta-review tracks that have been reviewed to bump the average review time figure from 28 days down to 19 now. I guess you could use math to work out something from that (I can’t, im terrible at maths lol) but there has very obviously been a ton of tracks reviewed extremely quickly to bump that average down so much this weekend.

If there had not been a huge influx of new artists insta-reviewed the average time review time would be unchanged from 28 days there or thereabouts right?

2 Likes

Fully support!

Well, we’ll just have to wait till tomorrow as we were promised although speculations are eating my soul… :slight_smile:

Yep I agree - im just going to take a deep breath and go back to making music today - lets hope Envato have the ability to undo this mess painlessly

Thing is that if they are looking to implement what creative market does that you need to approve authors before auto approving items

1 Like

I absolutely agree - I think they missed that vital issue. This is what happens when there is no new artist approval, lets hope they can clean up the mess.

Unless it was supposed to be like the auto update feature where a author gets automatic updates if a approval is above a certain percent and they forgot new users haven’t had any rejections. In theory would work though I think.

This theory matches my tin foil hat perfectly :mask:

How can they possibly clean up this mess?

The site was being flooded with (potentially stolen) tracks by new un-checked ‘authors’ whose items are being approved 20 times faster than established authors.

Oh, and they can’t explain why because the people who implemented it are sick today.

It’s hard to comprehend how much of a mistake this was.

6 Likes

Are you saying that because you aren’t aware that some users now have automatic updates based on their update acception rate or because you think they aren’t capable of making a programming error?

Yea I know, this is a collosal **** up of the highest order - if I was responsible for all this I think I would take a sick day