What to do when theme download is missing files?

themeforest

I just purchased the Be theme, but it’s download is missing a large number of files. Is there another place to download older versions that may have all the files?

What files do think are missing?

It seems unlikely in such a big and popular theme. I’d suggest contacting their support forum

I agree completely. I assumed it was one of the most popular, there shouldn’t be issues. But, I tried downloading the theme three times. It completes each time, but is missing many files.

In each directory, the files only go to the letter “C” (when ordered alphabetically). See photos.

There should be a lot of index files for the different available themes, but the ‘html’ folder stops at C. There should also be a lot more theme folders, but the last one is “congress”.

Also, I tried getting support from the author (it says to get support at beantownthemes.com), but it won’t let me create an account (which is needed to get support apparently. It says it can’t find a valid purchase code (though I’ve obviously purchased it because I got the email receipt, the download option, and even have a purchase code.

Getting pretty frustrated, since I was hoping to work on a website today, but alas, the day is being wasted trying to track down the missing files :frowning: Was hoping maybe there was a way to download a previous / non-messed up version of the theme, but don’t see that either.

It’s hard to advise without being more familair with the theme.

Did you buy this as a guest or with an account?

Definitely try signing up here http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/entry/register?Target=discussions if it don’t work then use the item comments and leave them a message

I bought it with an Envato account. I understand needing to know more about the theme, but it’s clear it’s missing files.

It references a local ‘images’ directory that’s not there. It references a ‘css’ directory that’s not there. Many of the themes they promote are not there (they start with letters after “C”. I’m sure something just messed up the last time they exported/uploaded the theme, but that doesn’t help at the moment.

I tried signing up at the place you linked, but again, it says “Invalid purchase code”. sigh

I also submitted a help request with Envato, but it gives no indication on how long they take to respond.

Leave a comment on the item letting them know about your problem and the fact that their support system says invalid purchase code. (Or email them from their profile page).

Usually respond within one week. The author is the first person you should get in touch with however, and Envato will probably tell you to contact them first.

Leave a comment on the item letting them know about your problem and the fact that their support system says invalid purchase code. (Or email them from their profile page).

Ah, I didn’t realize I could leave comments on the ThemeForest page. I’ve done that. Here’s to hoping it gets sorted. Thanks.