What license I may choose?

I’m a webmaster. I usually do website for several activity (from hospital to b&b, ecc ecc). In this case, what kind of license I have to choose? Standard or Extended?


Standard license is enough for you. If you want to use any of html template code in your commercial project that item are selling anywhere then you have to get extended license.


the main difference is that under the Regular License, your end product (incorporating the item you’ve licensed) is distributed for free, whereas under the Extended License your end product may be sold. Extended License is still limited to a single end product, but you can re-sell that product. you will get more information here:

I have a similar Question. I am interested in buying New Learning Theme for Moodle 3.4
If my goal is to develop courses, some provided for free and some for a fee. Can I still do this with a standard Licence or do I need the extended Licence.
All courses are in my Moodle.
Thank you for looking at this!

So, if (for example) I make a Bed and Breakfast site, where the client must call the B&B to book, I don’t sell online, so the Standard License it’s ok; if I make a site where I sell directly something (for example, an online store with ecommerce) I must buy Extended version, right?

Online stores are fine to use a regular license.

Extended licenses are for where people have to pay to access the site/use the site e.g. if I had to pay to subscribe to access a site.

Basically an extended license is when a buyer is able to continue profiting directly from a site built using an item from here. In the case of ecommerce it’s not the site which is generating recent - that would be the items that are sol so it’s different

HI Charlie,
So if I am building courses in Moodle using a theme such as New Learning, and teachers access my Moodle. They find a course that I created and I want to sell them access to it, Can I do that with the regular licence?
Not sure buy the description for it never mentions Moodle courses.

That’s tricky - usually a site with subscriptions would aim towards an extended license but as you are offering free content also I would not be 100%

I would ask support for clarification just to be sure

Thank you Charlie, I will.


then you can use standard license for your site even you can sell you product on you site there is no issue.
I have told you cannot sell your purchase website. You can sell your online goods on your site.
hope you understand.


I think you should go with Envato Support as @charlie4282 suggested because I found the following in license term page:

Which license do I need for an end product that is free, but has parts you need to pay to access?

If the item is used within the free part, the Regular License if fine. If the item is used only in a part that requires payment to access, you need the Extended License.

Example: If you were using a 3d model of a sword for a game and you could only get the sword by buying it, you’d need the Extended License. If it was the starting weapon that even non-paying users could use, all you’d need is the Regular License.