What is your preferred DAW?

YEP! I agree!

1 Like

Cubase 9. Iā€™ve used Cubase since the 90ā€™s. Iā€™ve used Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Reason and Sonar, but Cubase is the winner. Iā€™m surprised by the number of people in the poll who use Live. It seems so much like a toy compared to multiple other products.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very simple: just combining different functions from different DAWs.
For example: you do something easy in 1 DAW, but in other DAW it uncomfortably to do.
And you do it faster in other DAW. And so it turns out combination: 1 thing in 1 DAW, 2 thing in another DAW. 1+1 = OK.

2 Likes

Just so you know, you can circumvent the Cubase 9 32 bit support with JBridge that replaces the Cubase VST handler and offers some speed as well. Iā€™m Cubase 9 user and have no trouble with 32 plugins.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
My favorites are Reason and Cubase
Reason was my first program and Im in love with it I know its many flaws but still Im in love :smiley:

2 Likes

Indeed, itā€™s a lot of work to learn more than one DAW.

I guess it depends on the situation. If you sometimes work in other studios, then learning another DAW could be mandatory.

I say this from my own experience. In most other studios I use to work, ProTools is some kind of ā€œde facto standartā€. So I have to know the language of both, Logic Pro (my DAW of choice) and ProTools/Avid.

1 Like

I can understand that reason for sureā€¦

1 Like

But are you transferring midi files back and forth and re-loading the VST instruments or working all in audio. That would make my head spin personally. Maybe Iā€™m dense?!?

2 Likes

Ableton Live 4 life! :slight_smile:

1 Like

High 5! :hand_splayed:

I do the same!

Yes but there is always an end at learning a DAW (unless a new update is released). And I know almost 99,99% of Ableton while Iā€™m not a pro user of Cubase.

[Logic Pro

Still possible to use them using a little plugin called jbridgeā€¦

Nothing changedā€¦ the only thing that changed is that you cannot install 9 as a 32bit host. In 8 you have a choice: 32 or 64ā€¦ Using the 64bit version of 8, you would also need jbridge for 32bit plugs.

Seems strange they dont bridge them automatic. But it has some advantages. Working with the latest versions of plugs makes things run smoother and smootherā€¦ and a 64 bit host can access so much more memory its a feastā€¦

Logic! :wink:

I work only with audio (rendered audio tracks). Such is my habit. :dart:

Oh gotcha, that makes sense then. With midi Iā€™d go insane!

1 Like

Logic :slight_smile: Works great for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion Logic Pro X si one of the best DAWs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I started (over 10 years ago) I loved Cubase (Believe it was version 3 or 4). Now a Logic Pro user and very happy :+1:

3 Likes