What is an admin template?

hi, so i was looking to create my first thing for the site, and stumbled upon the admin template section. so basically i was wondering what that template was actually for? like what admin system are they used for, and what should i put in one?

1 Like

They’re for custom administration sections of a blog or web app. Rather than designing your own interface, you can purchase one of these templates, and then integrate it into your web app.

For example, Envato uses an admin template sold here for its accounts/invoicing interface.

but how would people integrate it?
like you provide the options to change the template and some links, and they should be able to set-up the template to work for their custom links?

think of them as HTML mockups for developers to integrate with what ever platform they want.

but, my question is how would the person integrate?

TheEliteNoob said

they would code a backend in whatever programing language they want… or use an existing CMS and change the backend to match the admin template…

so all i have to do is design it,code the basic HTML, provide features like messages, and notifications, and they do all the coding to set it up to work with the CMS?
so i just have to provide links to features in common admin systems? correct?
also thanks for the input!

TheEliteNoob said

I don’t think may of us are clear on what specifically you are asking? You’d integrate it like you would any other HTML file/template you decided to use. It is an HTML file(s) along with CSS, JS etc.

You can do whatever you like with it, plug it into your custom web app, skin it for some other system, manually insert your content into the HTML etc. The choice is yours, you’ll definitely need some web development experience though before making a purchase :slight_smile:

ok, thanks for making it clear.

double post sorry.

Thanks for clarifying everyone. I too had/have questions about how to ultimately use Admin Templates. I think I’m clear on the intended use for back-end template on a blog or web app let’s say. But I’m wondering if these templates can be used for the front-end user? I want to create a web app where our customers will login and “do stuff” and I’d like to utilize one of these admin templates as their front end UX. Is this possible or is it not what these templates were intended for?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

1 Like
Enyko said

Thanks for clarifying everyone. I too had/have questions about how to ultimately use Admin Templates. I think I’m clear on the intended use for back-end template on a blog or web app let’s say. But I’m wondering if these templates can be used for the front-end user? I want to create a web app where our customers will login and “do stuff” and I’d like to utilize one of these admin templates as their front end UX. Is this possible or is it not what these templates were intended for?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

This is exactly what I would like to know as well.

1 Like

Yes this sort of template seems like it could be handy for community type sites where end users are interacting a lot